Dialogs keep being added/duplicating in the UI

UI Components for JSF
tonico

05 Nov 2010, 22:29

sounds like a good option, but maybe not exactly what I experienced... let exaplain:

I have a single form that contains all of my page artifacts ( tabView, tabs, fields, dialogs ). In general I perform partial updates using the primefaces update attribute of various components, targetting some specific areas that need to be dynamically updated, but sometimes there are many components that do need an update and it does not make sense to update them individually... in such cases I update a major container of most of my UI components, which in my case is a TabView. This tabView update takes care of all of its underlying tabs. Since my UI is tab-centric, some artifacts on other tabs will also get updated if necessary.

My issue was that the p:dialog component was inside the TabView, and somehow it was duplicated in the end of the HTML every time I performed an update. The update does take place, but creates rendering/corruption issues. I did place it outside of the TabView, and that resolved the issue, but that limits me to not have a dynamic number of dialogs. For instance I may have created an icon that pops-up a dialog with some data and this could have been encapsulated under a composite ( JSF2 ) . With the current issue I cannot do the latest, as updates to the container of the artifacts will cause that issue. Notice that this is not composite issue related, as I had also tried with plain-code that is not composite based.

Therefore my question: why would my approach of creating composites that carry their own dialogs not be possible, even under a single-form scenario. Is the "duplication" of dialogs ( or rendering issue ) be something that can be fixed or limited ? Are there other components that can experience this issue ?
- Tonico
Primefaces 2.2.1 - Glassfish 3.1 - Mac OS X Lion

cagatay.civici
Prime

10 Nov 2010, 11:28

With;

http://code.google.com/p/primefaces/iss ... il?id=1437

It is now possible to update a dialog itself as well.

tonico

11 Nov 2010, 16:17

Awesome. Thanks.
- Tonico
Primefaces 2.2.1 - Glassfish 3.1 - Mac OS X Lion

Return to “PrimeFaces”

• Information