controls in p:dialog?

UI Components for JSF
juangon

04 Oct 2009, 16:47

Hi again!

Don't know if p:dialog have some facet like controls in richfaces modal panel:

http://livedemo.exadel.com/richfaces-de ... lPanel.jsf

I need to add some links (like minimize) to the header of the dialog.

I've been searching the documentacion, but didn't find anything.

Thanks very much!

cagatay.civici
Prime

06 Oct 2009, 11:16

Hi, what do you mean by controls exactly? Only control available is close at the moment. How should it be minimized?

juangon

06 Oct 2009, 11:26

Hi cagatay!

I need some links just next to close link. apart from close link. And these links should call some custom actionListener (I have a customized UI where I minimize windows and put them into ArrayList in a managed bean).

Richfaces solves this having a facet with name "controls", where you can have any JSF component inside.

Thanks!

cagatay.civici
Prime

06 Oct 2009, 11:34

Now I see, that makes really sense. I think the name should be headerControls for facet. Do you mean like the following?

Code: Select all

<p:dialog>
 <f:facet name="headerControls">
 <f:facet>
</p:dialog>
Where should the header controls be placed, left to the close link? Close link can be removed by close="true" anyway. I'm just not sure about where to position the headerControls.

juangon

06 Oct 2009, 12:03

cagatay.civici wrote:Now I see, that makes really sense. I think the name should be headerControls for facet. Do you mean like the following?

Code: Select all

<p:dialog>
 <f:facet name="headerControls">
 <f:facet>
</p:dialog>
Where should the header controls be placed, left to the close link? Close link can be removed by close="true" anyway. I'm just not sure about where to position the headerControls.
Yes! Would be great...

juangon

06 Oct 2009, 12:04

juangon wrote:
cagatay.civici wrote:
In my opinion, the controls should be placed, as you said, left to the close link.

Thanks!

cagatay.civici
Prime

07 Oct 2009, 10:25

Ok juangon, thanks for the feedback, I'll add this as a todo for new release to our issue tracker. Really useful feature.

Return to “PrimeFaces”

• Information