Support

UI Components for JSF
barak

11 Oct 2009, 18:43

Hi,

Is there another channel, in addition to this forum, where support can be given in more immediate manner? Perhaps a chat with another logged-in users, or weekly IRC with the developers...

I'm a newbie in Primefaces, and I guess that the developers who answers the posts do that in their free time, and without being paid, but there are lots of questions, and sometime one questions pushed back outside the front page and being lost (who mentioned me? :-)). I think that some kind of online support channel (maybe even for pay) will cause more people to acquire good knowledge and practice in this library, which looks very atractive.

What do you think?

cagatay.civici
Prime

11 Oct 2009, 20:11

Hi Barak,

As PrimeFaces gets popular each day, number of questions posted in support forum increased significantly lately and developers (me and Yigit Darcin) try to do our best for providing free support.

After 1.0.0 is released, an enterprise support plan will be setup because there's a demand from some of PrimeFaces users. This will give enterprise users of PrimeFaces to get support very soon. It's at plan stage at the moment, probably a private forum will be setup, also online im chat (skype) is being planned along with more ideas.

For now if you believe your question is missed, add another post to the question so it'll go on top again :) We monitor the forum frequently.

Regards,

Cagatay Civici
PrimeFaces Project Lead

barak

12 Oct 2009, 11:28

Do you have estimations for pricing model (subscription/on demand fee)?

cagatay.civici
Prime

12 Oct 2009, 11:50

Not yet, It's at plan stage at the moment. It'll be ready in november.

Return to “PrimeFaces”

• Information