primeFaces with JDeveloper

UI Components for JSF
Adel

14 Oct 2009, 16:26

Hi,

With my first prime faces example i use JDeveloper10g and make every thing well, i make jsf (version 1.2) small project then add library (primefaces-ui-0.9.3.jar , jsf-api.jar , jsf-impl.jar , slf4j-jcl-1.5.8.jar , slf4j-simple-1.5.8.jar , nlog4j-1.2.25.jar and jstl.jar) , add Resource Servlet into web.xml, definition prime taglib (<%@ taglib uri="http://primefaces.prime.com.tr/ui" prefix="p" %>) in the top of the page and also add Resources Component (<p:resources />) to same page. As Getting Started page in the web site mention (http://primefaces.prime.com.tr/en/gettingStarted.html). But the project doesn't run, and with error (Unable to instantiate tag: p:resources (class: null) Make sure that the tag class is available and that the tag library containing the class is not excluded from this application.) in line (<p:resources />) in the jsp.

I moved every thing as i mention upper to Eclipse and it work fine and i add new tag like p:editor, p:layout, p:layoutUnit, p:panel, h:panelGrid and p:commandLink and run fine which i see the great Prime Faces. i return the same project to JDeveloper10g but with the same error, i think the JDeveloper10g doesn't see the prime tag, Why? and how i can solve this error? my company work in JDeveloper and it doesn't need to change JDeveloper.

I think it's error refer to Jdeveloper not to prime Faces. can you help me to sole this error?

Thanks

cagatay.civici
Prime

14 Oct 2009, 16:39

I never used jdeveloper but it really sounds like a deployment issue since it can't match the components with tag classes. I guess it also happens with other p:* components not specific to p:resources.

Adel

14 Oct 2009, 16:59

yes, it is not specific to p:resources, it is with aother p:* components and i:* components.

did you or any one have any suggest to solve this problem?

cagatay.civici
Prime

14 Oct 2009, 17:30

For example do you have access to any PrimeFaces api, to test can you try to use a class from PrimeFaces CroppedImage to see if JDeveloper can import it? This is to test if primefaces is in classpath.

asilter

14 May 2010, 11:10

I'm having the same problem on JDev. I map the tld and jar files correctly.
Could it be because primafaces 1.2 does not support jdk 1.4.2?

cagatay.civici
Prime

17 May 2010, 23:21

Yes, PrimeFaces requires at least JSF 1.2 and Java 5. Maybe that's the reason. Still I'm not the jdeveloper expert though.

Return to “PrimeFaces”

• Information