StateManagementStrategy problem with primefaces

UI Components for JSF
spinner

17 Dec 2010, 12:23

Hello,

I´ve noticed that my application started to throw null pointer exceptions in a specific situation:
If I have primefaces in my pom.xml (not using it) and flow steps:
1) call a view through a command link

Code: Select all

<h:commandLink value="test Form" action="test" />
2) call any action in a managedBean (with different scopes)

public void save() {
		System.out.println("save");
	}
(this managedBean does not have any property and just this action).
3) the action will render the same test.xhtml
4) I click on the same commandLink of step one, to call the same view.
5) When I try to call the same action I called before, it throws the exception

java.lang.NullPointerException
	at com.sun.faces.application.view.StateManagementStrategyImpl$4.invokeContextCallback(StateManagementStrategyImpl.java:289)
	at javax.faces.component.UIComponent.invokeOnComponent(UIComponent.java:1253)
	at javax.faces.component.UIComponentBase.invokeOnComponent(UIComponentBase.java:672)
	at javax.faces.component.UIComponent.invokeOnComponent(UIComponent.java:1262)
	at javax.faces.component.UIComponentBase.invokeOnComponent(UIComponentBase.java:672)
	at com.sun.faces.application.view.StateManagementStrategyImpl.restoreView(StateManagementStrategyImpl.java:284)
	at com.sun.faces.application.StateManagerImpl.restoreView(StateManagerImpl.java:177)
	at com.sun.faces.application.view.ViewHandlingStrategy.restoreView(ViewHandlingStrategy.java:131)
	at com.sun.faces.application.view.FaceletViewHandlingStrategy.restoreView(FaceletViewHandlingStrategy.java:430)
	at com.sun.faces.application.view.MultiViewHandler.restoreView(MultiViewHandler.java:143)
	at com.sun.faces.lifecycle.RestoreViewPhase.execute(RestoreViewPhase.java:199)
	at com.sun.faces.lifecycle.Phase.doPhase(Phase.java:101)
	at com.sun.faces.lifecycle.RestoreViewPhase.doPhase(RestoreViewPhase.java:110)
	at com.sun.faces.lifecycle.LifecycleImpl.execute(LifecycleImpl.java:118)
	at javax.faces.webapp.FacesServlet.service(FacesServlet.java:312)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:324)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:242)
	at org.jboss.resteasy.plugins.server.servlet.FilterDispatcher.doFilter(FilterDispatcher.java:63)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:274)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:242)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:275)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:191)
	at org.jboss.web.tomcat.security.SecurityAssociationValve.invoke(SecurityAssociationValve.java:181)
	at org.jboss.modcluster.catalina.CatalinaContext$RequestListenerValve.event(CatalinaContext.java:285)
	at org.jboss.modcluster.catalina.CatalinaContext$RequestListenerValve.invoke(CatalinaContext.java:261)
	at org.jboss.web.tomcat.security.JaccContextValve.invoke(JaccContextValve.java:88)
	at org.jboss.web.tomcat.security.SecurityContextEstablishmentValve.invoke(SecurityContextEstablishmentValve.java:100)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:127)
	at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:102)
	at org.jboss.web.tomcat.service.jca.CachedConnectionValve.invoke(CachedConnectionValve.java:158)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:109)
	at org.jboss.web.tomcat.service.request.ActiveRequestResponseCacheValve.invoke(ActiveRequestResponseCacheValve.java:53)
	at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:362)
	at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:877)
	at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.process(Http11Protocol.java:653)
	at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$Worker.run(JIoEndpoint.java:951)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)
The stacktrace does not help too much, But this happens just when I have primefaces in my pom.xml.
I´m using primefaces2.2RC2, JBoss6M5 e mojarra 2.0.2.

cagatay.civici
Prime

17 Dec 2010, 12:27

Try mojarra 2.0.3

spinner

20 Dec 2010, 13:02

Thanks for the reply.

It seems that the problem was a conflict between my jquery and primefaces jquery, is there a way to tell primefaces to use my jquery or to use the jquery from primefaces even in a page that does not have any of the primefaces components?

Return to “PrimeFaces”

• Information