DataTable filter issue - or is it my folder structure?

UI Components for JSF
WolinDesign

10 Jan 2011, 19:42

I'm using a datatable and datasource that are virtually identical to the Showcase. The only difference is that I don't use cars, I use first and last names, locations, job titles. The table fills without a problem. The issue comes in when I try to sort, if I use a viewScope bean, the sort toggle just reloads new random data, if I use a sessionScope bean the sort toggle does nothing. The project is using facelets templates, and the template files have been placed into the WEB-INF folder, while the template client pages are just in the Web Pages folder (I'm using NetBeans 6.9.1, if that makes this easier to understand).

I have a sandbox project that uses almost the same set up, except my template pages are in the same general "Web Pages" folder, not the WEB-INF folder, and everything works perfectly, including sorting (and I'm using . Therefore, I believe my problem with my main project is the location of the template pages in the WEB-INF folder. However, being pretty new to this stuff I don't know why this would be a problem. Can someone please either confirm or deny my suspicion, and perhaps give me a quick explanation? I won't be able to move the templates without a reason. Thanks.

I can post my code if needed, but since the same code works just fine in my sandbox application I'm pretty certain that isn't the issue.
Sean - WDG
PF 2.2 JSF 2.0 NetBeans 6.9.1 Glassfish 3.0.1 Mojarra 2.0.3

Return to “PrimeFaces”

• Information