Dock in Layout is not working

UI Components for JSF
nitin_o

06 Nov 2009, 08:54

Hi All,

I've tried to include the Dock component in the Layout. By doing this the Layout is not able to collapse and expand/re-size.

I'm using the 1.0.0.RC-SNAPSHOT.

Any pointers would be appreciated.

Regards,

Nitin.

cagatay.civici
Prime

06 Nov 2009, 11:13

Dock is absolute positioned so it's not in flow of page. It's kinda expected to behave like that inside a layout.

nitin_o

09 Nov 2009, 13:17

cagatay.civici wrote:Dock is absolute positioned so it's not in flow of page. It's kinda expected to behave like that inside a layout.
Thanks for the quick response.

What I actually meant was - If I have a layout with (East - West - South - North and Center), and I place the Dock component in the South, I'm unable to resize/close-open the other layout regions e.g. East and West.

Assuming that your response was for the same - can I assume that if the Dock component is placed inside a Layout component, one will not be able to use the layout show/hide/resize operations ? In other words, one should not use Dock inside a Layout component?

Thanks again for your response.

Nitin.

cagatay.civici
Prime

09 Nov 2009, 18:17

Hey Nitin, I need to replicate this. I also remember having an issue where dock is in layout. It might be necessary to improve dock the place nicely with layout.

Return to “PrimeFaces”

• Information