AppendToBody issue

UI Components for JSF
fiktion

08 Feb 2011, 15:59

I am using a p:layout as well as many dialogs in my application. Before appendToBody attribute came to Primefaces I placed all attributes outside the layout. I noticed however that constructors were getting called on almost every ManagedBean I have because dialogs with dropdowns and other information were getting rendered when my layout was loading.

I attempted to move the dialogs inside to the appropriate views and use the appendToBody attribute to dislpay them. This works fine. However a strange error occurs when I navigate away from one view, into another and back to the first view. When I attempt to reopen the dialog the dialog window opens fine but the content is not aligned with the dialog window. The header is like way off to the left of the page and my content is off to the side as well. Does anyone know why this is happening?

Also I would rather keep everything outside the layout but I need to prevent my application from loading all of the constructors of my managed beans when the app is first initialized.

Return to “PrimeFaces”

• Information