p:menubar item ordering

UI Components for JSF
dbross

10 Feb 2011, 20:25

Hello,

I have a question regarding the p:menubar in version 2.2 final or later versions. I have a dynamically generated menu model which contains two root level menu items (Search and Logout), along with a variable number of submenus. The content of the menubar depends on specific user privileges, which is why the model is dynamically generated. I would like to order my menu items such that Search (when it's present) is always on the left and logout is always on the right. If my menu was statically generated, I know I would be able to simply order the menu items and submenus in the order that I want them to appear, but I can't seem to find a way of doing this with a dynamically generated menu model. Prior to 2.2 final, I was using a submenu with a label facet for the root level menu items and the ordering was as I wanted it to be, but this approach has been deprecated in 2.2 final. In 2.2 final, the root level menus always appear to the right of the submenus. Is there some way to provide absolute ordering of the menu items regardless of whether they are root menu items or submenus? If there isn't, could there be?

mbianchi

12 Sep 2011, 14:01

I have the same "problem"...

woliveirajr

23 Sep 2011, 21:06

Also have the same problem, and so far couldn't find any answer. There's an issue filled about it: http://code.google.com/p/primefaces/iss ... il?id=2022

but no news if it'll be fixed

ez2cwhy

26 Oct 2011, 17:02

Someone has a "workaround" to this that was posted previously:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=10162

Unfortunately though, I'd rather not get in the business of custom PF builds. Hopefully they'll address this when replacing the wijmo backing with the PF native ones. Even though that's style related, it's at least the same widget, so you never know!
PrimeFaces 3.0.M3, Apache MyFaces 2.1.3, Tomcat 7, Windows XP, Eclipse Indigo

Return to “PrimeFaces”

• Information