Advice on primefaces ajax and long running task

UI Components for JSF
obinna

23 Feb 2011, 13:35

hi, there is a part of my application with a procedure that takes about 20-35mins to complete. i am developing this application with primefaces 2.2-final.
if i call this procedure via ajax through a p:commandbutton, will the session not time-out?
because of this concern of session timing out, i am currently developing a desktop app for only this activity of the application.
but if the session would still be active for that long while the ajax request is going on?, i would really love to use a web front-end for that part of the
entire application.

what do you think, i really need some advice?

:) thanks

cagatay.civici
Prime

23 Feb 2011, 15:45

I'd assign this to another thread in your application. For example spring has thread pooling so you separate that task from the web request.

obinna

24 Feb 2011, 13:50

hi optimus, thanks, but i think i will prefer quartz scheduler framework than spring, cos m not so used to spring. then i can modify the procedure to update some table with the progress of the procedure (Running, Completed Normal, Completed With Erros, etc ) , then using primefaces ajax poll i can then check this table periodically and display the status on the page.

is this idea okay?

Return to “PrimeFaces”

• Information