Refreshing dialog title

UI Components for JSF
honyk

26 Feb 2011, 12:25

Hello Everyone,

I use the following code. The main idea is to update all dialog strings when the value of the language combo is changed. It works fine, except the dialog title. It is outside of the form so I must to specify its id directly in the render parameter. As you can see, this ID is different from the one specified (dialog-tile) as the final title id is overriden by some default value (ui-dialog-title) and my ID is used as a suffix. Although this final ID (ui-dialog-title-dialog-title) matches the ID in the document, it isn't updated. I don't know if it is problem of jsf.js library or Primefaces component or any bug in my source...

Code: Select all

<p:dialog id="dialog-title" header="#{msg['pageTitle']}" widgetVar="settingsDialog" modal="true" height="200" resizable="false">
        <h:form>
            <h:outputText value="#{msg['intro']}" />
            <h:selectOneMenu value="#{language.localeCode}"
                             onchange="jsf.ajax.request(this, event, {render:'ui-dialog-title-dialog-title @form'}); return false;"
                             valueChangeListener="#{language.countryLocaleCodeChanged}">
                <f:selectItems value="#{language.countriesInMap}" />
            </h:selectOneMenu>
            <h:commandButton value="Submit" action="index.xhtml?faces-redirect=true&includeViewParams=true"/>
        </h:form>
    </p:dialog>
When this form is submitted and this dialog is opened again, that title is displayed correctly. It 'only' doesn't refresh immediately :-(

Thanks for any hint.
Regards,
Jan

burferd

26 Feb 2011, 17:31

Try moving the form outside the dialog.

<p:dialog id="dialog-title" header="#{msg['pageTitle']}" widgetVar="settingsDialog" modal="true" height="200" resizable="false">
                             onchange="jsf.ajax.request(this, event, {render:'ui-dialog-title-dialog-title @form'}); return false;"
            <h:commandButton value="Submit" action="index.xhtml?faces-redirect=true&includeViewParams=true"/>
Using PrimeFaces 3.4, Mojarra 2.1.6, Glassfish 3.1.2, NetBerans 7.2, Hibernate 3.2.5 (sometimes)
Windows 7.

honyk

26 Feb 2011, 17:54

I've tried that, but it behaves strange - dialog disappears just after any combobox change, but the page is still in disabled state (due to 'modality' of my dialog). But that script is performed as dialog texts are in the selected language after next run.

honyk

26 Feb 2011, 23:06

I've replaced that old-style onchange code:

with the following one:

<p:ajax update="ui-dialog-title-dialog-title @form" />
But no progress.

smallya

27 Feb 2011, 08:01

I had the same problem. Then I wrapped the dialog in a p:outputPanel and using Ajax updated the panel. That did the trick.

<p:commandLink actionListner=".." update"dialogPanel">

<p:outputPanel id="dialogPanel">
</p:outputPanel>
Netbeans 7.2| GlassFish 3.2 | PostgreSQL 9.1| MongoDB | Primefaces 3.4.2

honyk

28 Feb 2011, 21:59

Thanks for this hint, but it is not applicable in my case as I need to trigger that update on a value change. Maybe there is a possibility to modify your code somehow, but I am not so experienced to do this.

I suspect that not refreshing is a bug and I'd prefer fixing it than look for any dirty workaround...

Jan

callahan

28 Feb 2011, 23:40

You could try the following:

- use p:ajax for the h:selectOneMenu as shown here: http://www.primefaces.org/showcase/ui/pprSelect.jsf
- update the dialogs content rather than the dialog itself with the same p:ajax (updating dialogs isn't a good idea as stated in other posts)
- give the p:ajax a listener that puts the new title in a callback parameter as shown here http://www.primefaces.org/showcase/ui/dialogLogin.jsf
- in the oncomplete Javascript handler for p:ajax the callback parameter will hold the new title and jQuery can be used to set the dialog title

I don't think there is a simpler way to do it!

bumble.bee

01 Mar 2011, 15:51

I've got this working in my app using a mix of AJAX and jQuery as callahan indicated:

<p:dialog header="My Value: #{myBean.myValue}" id="myDlgId" widgetVar="myDlgWidgetVar">
    <h:form id="myForm">
        <h:selectOneMenu id="mySelector" value="#{myBean.myValue}">
            <f:selectItems value="#{myBean.myValueChoices}"/>
            <p:ajax event="valueChange" process="@this" update="@form" oncomplete="jQuery('#ui-dialog-title-myDlgId').text('My Value: ' + document.getElementById('myForm:mySelector').value);"/>

honyk

01 Mar 2011, 19:10

Thanks guys, namely bumble.bee, who shows me the example that I was able to understand ;-)
All the time I thought there must be a more straightforward way to achieve this, but I gave it up.
I finally got it to work, so thanks again for your patience with a newbie like me.

Jan

healeyb

13 Apr 2011, 16:50

this works... I'm not saying it's the best way, but work it does (at
the moment anyway!):

<h:outputScript library="primefaces" name="jquery/jquery.js" target="head"/>
<h:outputScript library="primefaces" name="jquery/ui/jquery-ui.js" target="head"/>

<p:commandLink ...
  update="mapAjaxTarget"
  oncomplete="jQuery('#mapdialog').dialog
      ('option','title','#{var.location.name}'); dlgmap.show(); return false;">
</p:commandLink>

<p:dialog id="mapdialog" widgetVar="dlgmap" ...>
  <h:panelGroup id="mapAjaxTarget">
Brendan.

Return to “PrimeFaces”

• Information