p:dialog - How can I set visibility from session bean? pt 2

UI Components for JSF
burferd

09 Mar 2011, 22:09

I addressed a version of this in a previous thread and got an answer on how to remove a dialog after being displayed:
http://primefaces.prime.com.tr/forum/vi ... 272#p27272

I have another related question.
How can I display a p:dialog component from a dynamically created h:comandButton inside a form?

Here is what I need to do;
1) Create a standard jsf h:commandButton dynamically from within a session bean - I can do that.
2) When that button is pushed, cause a composite component containing a p:dialog component to display that dialog - here is where I have problems.

My initial pass was to set the visibility property of the p:dialog in the action listener of the dynamic h:commandButton on the page.
That works, but I was told that was not proper in the above referenced link.

My next idea was to set the onClick property of the dynamic h:commandButton to "show" the dialog - like the examples in the showcase.
This ALMOST works. What happens is the dialog will display for a second and then it goes away.
My problem is how to keep the dialog displayed?
I don't understand why it disappears after a second.

I have 2 questions:
1) Can anyone explain why this doesn't work and why my dialog does not stay visible?

2) WIth regard to the above referenced link, I was told that using the visible property of the dialog caused a new instance of the dialog to be created in the DOM - that is why you shouldn't do that. I do not understand why if a p:dialog is "rendered" the visible property doesn't just toggle the visibility of that component, rather than create a new instance. Can someone explain that? Maybe I misunderstood.

Thanks.

Here is how I create the h:commandButton component in the backing bean:

Code: Select all

void appendBut( String id, String tit, String val, String styl, String binding, String onClick )
    {
        butOut = (HtmlCommandButton)application.createComponent(HtmlCommandButton.COMPONENT_TYPE);
        FacesContext faces = FacesContext.getCurrentInstance();
        ELContext ec = faces.getELContext();
        ExpressionFactory ef = application.getExpressionFactory();
        MethodExpression me = ef.createMethodExpression(ec, binding, null, new Class[]{ActionEvent.class});
        MethodExpressionActionListener meal = new MethodExpressionActionListener( me );
        butOut.addActionListener(meal);
        butOut.setTitle( title );
        butOut.setValue( value );
        butOut.setStyle( styl );
        butOut.setId( id );
        butOut.setType( "submit" );
        butOut.setOnclick( onClick );
        children.add(butOut);
    }
Here is how the above method is called - this is where I pass in "prChangeValueDialog.show();" to be used in the onclick property of the button.

appendBut(id, titl, vac, styl1, "#{payrollSessionBean.doValue}", "prChangeValueDialog.show();" );  
Here is the composite component containing the p:dialog that I wish to display:

<?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8' ?>
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">
<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml"
      xmlns:h="http://java.sun.com/jsf/html"
      xmlns:f="http://java.sun.com/jsf/core"
      xmlns:cc="http://java.sun.com/jsf/composite"
      xmlns:p="http://primefaces.prime.com.tr/ui">

<!-- INTERFACE -->
    <cc:interface>
        <cc:attribute name="id" default="changeValueOutPnl" required="false"/>
        <cc:attribute name="styleClass" default="prChangeValueDialog" required="false"/>
        <cc:attribute name="widgetVar" default="prChangeValueDialog" required="false"/>
        <cc:attribute name="modal" default="true" required="false"/>
        <cc:attribute name="height" default="200" required="false"/>
        <cc:attribute name="width" default="300" required="false"/>
        <cc:attribute name="header" default="Change Value" required="false"/>
        <cc:attribute name="visible" default="false" required="false"/>
        <cc:attribute name="mainPanelStyleClass" default="prChangeValuePnl" required="false"/>
        <cc:attribute name="currentValueLblStyleClass" default="prCurrentValueLbl" required="false" />
        <cc:attribute name="currentValueLbl" default="Current Value:" required="false"/>
        <cc:attribute name="currentValueTfStyleClass" default="prCurrentValueTF" required="false" />
        <cc:attribute name="oldValueTfStyleClass" default="prOldValueTF" required="false" />
        <cc:attribute name="currentValue" default="" required="false"/>
        <cc:attribute name="newValueLblStyleClass" default="prNewValueLbl" required="false" />
        <cc:attribute name="newValueLbl" default="New Value:" required="false"/>
        <cc:attribute name="newValueTfStyleClass" default="prNewValueTF" required="false" />
        <cc:attribute name="newValue" default="" required="false"/>
        <cc:attribute name="quitBtnStyleClass" default="prCvQuitBtn" required="false"/>
        <cc:attribute name="quitBtnAction" method-signature="java.lang.String quitBtnAction()"/>
        <cc:attribute name="quitBtnValue" default="Quit" required="false"/>
        <cc:attribute name="applyBtnStyleClass" default="prCvApplyBtn" required="false"/>
        <cc:attribute name="applyBtnAction" method-signature="java.lang.String applyBtnAction()"/>
        <cc:attribute name="applyBtnValue" default="Apply" required="false"/>
    </cc:interface>

<!-- IMPLEMENTATION -->
    <cc:implementation>
        <p:outputPanel id="#{cc.attrs.id}" >
            <p:dialog id="changeValueDialog" styleClass="#{cc.attrs.styleClass}"
                      widgetVar="#{cc.attrs.widgetVar}"
                      closable="false"
                      modal="#{cc.attrs.modal}"
                      height="#{cc.attrs.height}"
                      width="#{cc.attrs.width}"
                      header="#{cc.attrs.header}" >
                <h:form>
                    <h:panelGrid id="changeValuePnl" styleClass="#{cc.attrs.mainPanelStyleClass}" columns="2" >
                        <h:outputText id="currentValueLbl" styleClass="#{cc.attrs.currentValueLblStyleClass}"
                                      value="#{cc.attrs.currentValueLbl}" />
                        <h:inputText id="currentValueTF" styleClass="#{cc.attrs.currentValueTfStyleClass}"
                                     value="#{cc.attrs.currentValue}" />
                        <h:outputText id="newValueLbl" styleClass="#{cc.attrs.newValueLblStyleClass}"
                                      value="#{cc.attrs.newValueLbl}" />
                        <h:inputText id="newValueTF" styleClass="#{cc.attrs.newValueTfStyleClass}"
                                     value="#{cc.attrs.newValue}" />
                    </h:panelGrid>
                    <p:commandButton id="quitBtn" styleClass="#{cc.attrs.quitBtnStyleClass}"
                                     action="#{cc.attrs.quitBtnAction}"
                                     onclick="prChangeValueDialog.hide();"
                                     value="#{cc.attrs.quitBtnValue}" />
                    <p:commandButton id="applyBtn" styleClass="#{cc.attrs.applyBtnStyleClass}"
                                     oncomplete="vcHandleVerify(xhr, status, args)"
                                     update="payrollPreviewComp:psGrid1"
                                     action="#{cc.attrs.applyBtnAction}"
                                     value="#{cc.attrs.applyBtnValue}" />
                </h:form>
            </p:dialog>
            <script type="text/javascript">
                function vcHandleVerify(xhr, status, args)
                {
                    if( !args.verified)
                    {
                        alert( "Invalid New Value.\nValue must be numeric and cannot be blank." );
                    } else
                    {
                        prChangeValueDialog.hide();
                    }
                }
            </script>
        </p:outputPanel>
    </cc:implementation>
</html>
Using PrimeFaces 3.4, Mojarra 2.1.6, Glassfish 3.1.2, NetBerans 7.2, Hibernate 3.2.5 (sometimes)
Windows 7.

Return to “PrimeFaces”

• Information