Layout Component close/open event capture

UI Components for JSF
nitin_o

24 Nov 2009, 13:09

Hi all,

I'm using the layout component from the 1.0.0.RC.

I need to capture the event and perform some action when a user re-sizes or closes a layoutUnit. How can this be achieved? is there any action that I can link to either layout or layoutUnit?

Also I'm unable to make Stack component work inside a layout component. Whenever i close/open the layoutUnit in which it has been placed, thereafter the Stack component does not toggle properly.

Thanks,

Nitin.

cagatay.civici
Prime

25 Nov 2009, 11:40

Do you mean invoking a server side event with ajax or just javascript when you move/resize a unit?

Stack is absolute positioned so might now perform well in a layout. We're planning to improve stack and dock when used in a layout.

nitin_o

25 Nov 2009, 13:20

cagatay.civici wrote:Do you mean invoking a server side event with ajax or just javascript when you move/resize a unit?

Stack is absolute positioned so might now perform well in a layout. We're planning to improve stack and dock when used in a layout.
Yes, something like an ajax call or something to invoke a server side event. This would help me in remembering the layoutUnit which was closed/opened by the user when he navigates to other pages using the layout (store its state in the session) . I'm using p:layout to create a facelet template to be used by my other pages. Can this be done?

As for the Stack component, I've observed that if I put that in the "center" layoutUnit, it works mostly fine. Only if I put it in any other layoutUnit, it does not toggle correctly after the corresponding pane is closed and opened.

Thanks,

Nitin.

cagatay.civici
Prime

26 Nov 2009, 22:06

Hi Nitin,

I'm afraid ajax close listeners are not available for layout in current version but your request totally makes sense since you need to remember user's preferences.

I've created this ticket targeting next release.

http://code.google.com/p/primefaces/iss ... ail?id=339

If you vote it you'll get notifications regarding changes.

Thanks for your feedback.

nitin_o

03 Dec 2009, 04:17

Thanks cagatay, much appreciated.

Also it would be convenient if we could have an ajax event fired when the layoutUnit is slidable (to capture the sliding event).

Nitin.

cagatay.civici
Prime

05 Dec 2009, 15:57

Nitin, do you mean resize? Yes when resize ends we can send an ajax request so that you can save user's preferences there. This has also been asked another time so will go in next release.

Return to “PrimeFaces”

• Information