Conversation-scoped managed beans

UI Components for JSF
unixlibre

16 Mar 2011, 19:32

Well, as a good engineer who never reads the user manual (in this case the Forum Post Guidelines), I'll open my new thread for my case instead of following an old one. :?

In brief, I can't use conversation scoped managed beans in my JavaEE6 web app. I'm using NetBeans 6.9, Glassfish 3.0.1, PrimeFaces 2.2 in a JavaEE6 project.

Resource injection works fine, but conversations doesn't: conversation.isTransient() always returns true no matter where I place the conversation.begin() statement. I created a new JavaEE6 App with plain JSF (mojarra 2.0.3) and I can use a conversation scoped managed bean who works as expected.

A post in a thread (almost a year old) described a similar situation, saying that PrimeFaces can't get the conversation id out of the request. I've followed more or less the steps in Dr. Horstmann book's "Core JavaServer Faces", and also can't find any usage of the @ConversationScoped annotation in the examples of the article pointed out by Cagatay to be able to compare and find what am I doing wrong.

Someone have been able to use conversations with PrimeFaces?

Thank you very much in advance.
Antonio.

unixlibre

24 Mar 2011, 23:08

Finally got it working...kind of... :oops:

Resource injection works fine, but conversations doesn't: conversation.isTransient() always returns true no matter where I place the conversation.begin() statement. I created a new JavaEE6 App with plain JSF (mojarra 2.0.3) and I can use a conversation scoped managed bean who works as expected.

The test I was actually doing was hitting the "refresh" button. In this case, the conversation won't be recovered unless the ?cid=X parameter it's appended to the URL.

Best regards,

Return to “PrimeFaces”

• Information