p:captcha Validation Null Pointer Exception

UI Components for JSF
GGblueyez

01 Dec 2009, 20:43

Hello,

I've just implemented PrimeFaces into a .jsp page according to the instructions in the primefaces_guide_301109.pdf. The captcha displays correctly and validates correctly if the user enters the correct text and if the user enters no text the form validation works correctly, but it throws an error if the user enters the wrong text. I added the context parameter to the web.xml with my private key, servlet and mapping for the resources, and the primefaces-1.0.0.RC.jar file. I also made sure that I added <p:resources> iside the view tags. Can anyone help with this error?

The error is as follows:

java.lang.NullPointerException

javax.servlet.ServletException
at javax.faces.webapp.FacesServlet.service(FacesServlet.java:277)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:290)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206)
at org.ajax4jsf.webapp.BaseXMLFilter.doXmlFilter(BaseXMLFilter.java:178)
at org.ajax4jsf.webapp.BaseFilter.handleRequest(BaseFilter.java:290)
at org.ajax4jsf.webapp.BaseFilter.processUploadsAndHandleRequest(BaseFilter.java:390)
at org.ajax4jsf.webapp.BaseFilter.doFilter(BaseFilter.java:517)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:235)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:233)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:191)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:128)
at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:102)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:109)
at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:293)
at org.apache.jk.server.JkCoyoteHandler.invoke(JkCoyoteHandler.java:190)
at org.apache.jk.common.HandlerRequest.invoke(HandlerRequest.java:291)
at org.apache.jk.common.ChannelSocket.invoke(ChannelSocket.java:769)
at org.apache.jk.common.ChannelSocket.processConnection(ChannelSocket.java:698)
at org.apache.jk.common.ChannelSocket$SocketConnection.runIt(ChannelSocket.java:891)
at org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPool.java:690)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)
Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException

GGblueyez

01 Dec 2009, 20:45

I should also add that it is a .jsp page with a .jsf servlet mapping. Thanks!

cagatay.civici
Prime

04 Dec 2009, 00:42

Hi, can you post your context-param definition in web.xml for Private Key. I've double checked and component works, probably a configuration issue. Thanks.

Return to “PrimeFaces”

• Information