Primefaces 2.2.1 and IE 7/8 JavaScript Errors

UI Components for JSF
cgswtsu78

15 Apr 2011, 01:52

Hello,

First off, I have been greatly impressed with Primefaces capabilities and it has a ton of helpful features. One thing I'm running into is issues with FileUpload component and slider component throwing JS errors in IE 7 and 8. I had to switch to a jqueryui slider but really want to use the fileupload component. It does work in all browsers but throws a JS error only in IE 7 and 8 once the upload is completed. The JS error says 'null' is null or not an object, any ideas?

xhtml:

Code: Select all

<p:panel id="fileUpload">
		<p:fileUpload widgetVar="uploader" rendered="#{dreamFileUploadBean.shouldRender}" sizeLimit="10485760"
							styleClass="browse-button" fileUploadListener="#{dreamFileUpload.handleFileUpload}" wmode="transparent" 
							image="/dreamcater/images/Browse-Button.png" auto="true" multiple="false" customUI="true" 
    							allowTypes="*.jpg;*.png;*.gif;" description="Images" update=":uploadFrm:next,:uploadFrm:fileUpload" onclick="trackingBrowseBtn();"/> 
	</p:panel>
html source rendered:

Code: Select all

<div id="uploadFrm:fileUpload" class="ui-panel ui-widget ui-widget-content ui-corner-all"><div id="uploadFrm:fileUpload_content" class="ui-panel-content ui-widget-content"><span id="uploadFrm:j_idt105" class="browse-button"><input type="file" id="uploadFrm_j_idt105_file" name="uploadFrm_j_idt105_file" /></span><script type="text/javascript">jQuery(function() {uploader = new PrimeFaces.widget.Uploader('uploadFrm:j_idt105', {uploader:'/dreamcatcher/javax.faces.resource/fileupload/uploadify.swf.html?ln=primefaces&v=2.2.1',script:'/dreamcatcher/registered/home.html',cancelImg:'/dreamcatcher/javax.faces.resource/fileupload/cancel.png.html?ln=primefaces&v=2.2.1',formId:'uploadFrm',fileDataName:'uploadFrm_j_idt105_file',multi:false,auto:true,inputFileId:'uploadFrm_j_idt105_file',jsessionid:'48F682CD81B95AAF1A359E7252D2F8F9',update:'uploadFrm:next uploadFrm:fileUpload',buttonImg:'/dreamcatcher/dreamcater/images/Browse-Button.png',fileExt:'*.jpg;*.png;*.gif;',fileDesc:'Images',sizeLimit:10485760,wmode:'transparent'});});</script>
</div></div><script type="text/javascript">widget_uploadFrm_fileUpload = new PrimeFaces.widget.Panel('uploadFrm:fileUpload', {visible:true});</script>
</div>
</div>

tagedieb

25 May 2011, 12:19

Hi,

I'm using Primefaces 3.0M1, but I got the same JS error.
Is there a fix or a workaround for this? I have checked other forums as well and found the same question, but nobody knows a solution..

Thanks

cagatay.civici
Prime

25 May 2011, 15:36

What javascript error?

tagedieb

26 May 2011, 16:15

I solved the problem.

It was related to Spring WebFlow and it is caused by the missing request headers "(X-Requested-With" and "Faces-Request") when the browser (IE) uses the JS 'handleLegacyUpload' instead of 'handleFiles'.
If these headers are missing then WebFlow will not handle the request as AJAX request and therefore return the full page instead of the partial update.

This caused the JS error saying 'null' is null or not an object because it couldn't find the <update> tag in the response.

As a quickfix I updated the MultipartRequest and added the 2 request headers above to simulate an AJAX request. Now it fits perfectly.
This solution will probably only support Ajax uploads.

balajilsm

16 Aug 2011, 11:51

Hi

We are also using spring webflow with ajax updates. We are also facing the same issues.
Can u please give me some more information about your solution

Thanks,
Balaji

Return to “PrimeFaces”

• Information