Calender breaking code

UI Components for JSF
mesken

23 Apr 2011, 15:15

I have implemented a full layout and on the right hand side, I put a calendar with the following code

Code: Select all

: <p:calendar value="#{calendarBean.date1}" mode="inline"/>
with a backing bean

public class CalendarBean implements Serializable  {
	private Date date1;

public Date getDate1() {
		return date1;
	}

public void setDate1(Date date1) {
		this.date1 = date1;
	}
}

But anytime a launch the page, a page with no layout badly displayed with component scattered with the following log errors :
GRAVE: Error Rendering View[/index.xhtml]
java.lang.IllegalStateException: PWC3999: Cannot create a session after the response has been committed

INFO: Exception when handling error trying to reset the response.
java.lang.IllegalStateException: PWC3999: Cannot create a session after the response has been committed

ATTENTION: StandardWrapperValve[Faces Servlet]: PWC1406: Servlet.service() for servlet Faces Servlet threw exception

In some browsers (Google Chrome and Opera) they display the page still with scattered components with this message on top
This page contains the following errors:

error on line 74 at column 10: Extra content at the end of the document
Below is a rendering of the page up to the first error.
But there is nothing wrong on line 74, the Calendar is on line 227 . Meanwhile Line 74 ends simply with closing a panelGrid

This is what I noticed : when I remove the Calendar code line, everything is well displayed and when I put it back the page is well displayed with the Calendar inside. But if I leave the page opened for quite sometimes, when I try to refresh the page, it comes back to the same error, until I remove the Calendar ,refresh the page and put it back and refresh the page again. But I know this is not the solution because it has to work

Thansk for your ideas
Eclipse Helios 3.6 | Glassfish 3.1 | PrimeFaces 2.2.1

cagatay.civici
Prime

23 Apr 2011, 16:27

There is a calendar at layout sample working fine;

http://www.primefaces.org/showcase-labs ... omplex.jsf

mesken

23 Apr 2011, 19:09

Yes I see, there should be something wrong on my end. But please to give me some indications what can this error messages mean ?

GRAVE: Error Rendering View[/index.xhtml]

INFO: Exception when handling error trying to reset the response.

ATTENTION: StandardWrapperValve[Faces Servlet]: PWC1406: Servlet.service() for servlet Faces Servlet threw exception

mesken

24 Apr 2011, 01:50

I discovered it has nothing to do with the Calendar, I removed the Calendar and I am getting the same message error, I will post another topic on that

burferd

09 Sep 2011, 05:33

Did you ever find out what caused this error?

I'm not using calendar in this application - I just started it and just using the p:tabView, p:tab and p:outputPanel as my only PF components at this time.

However, I am breaking things out into composite components and have experienced LOTS of issues with PF in composite components for some reason for PF 2.2.1 and earlier versions.

I am getting the same error and have no clue why.
I remove the last code I add before getting the error and I still get the error.
Absolutely no hint as to what is causing the error.

Using NetBeans 6.9.1, PF 2.2.1, Glassfish 3.2
Using PrimeFaces 3.4, Mojarra 2.1.6, Glassfish 3.1.2, NetBerans 7.2, Hibernate 3.2.5 (sometimes)
Windows 7.

Return to “PrimeFaces”

• Information