PF Mobile - Production Use Cases

UI Components for JSF
badders

30 Nov 2014, 18:02

Hi There,

We are in the process of updating our Web App from JSF 1.2 > 2 and I am considering using PF Mobile to develop a mobile site next to our regular web app

Are there any examples of PF Mobile apps already in production with a large number of users?

Would anyone be willing to provide a link to a live app?

This would really help me finalise my decision, I know there are many large companies using PF but I have not yet seen any mobile example

Thanks

David

smithh032772

01 Dec 2014, 20:23

Look at PrimeFaces home page on http://www.primefaces.org, look at the organizations that are using PrimeFaces.

PrimeFaces 5.x Mobile = jQuery Mobile 1.4.x + PrimeFaces 5.x

even if you cannot locate a large-company website that is using PrimeFaces Mobile and serving many many users, you can take it for what's worth.

many websites are using jQuery Mobile, and I'm sure their websites are serving many users worldwide. What I am trying to say is this: PrimeFaces Mobile is very usable, especially since it is PrimeFaces JSF + jQuery Mobile, and when PrimeFaces Mobile is lacking, then you can use jquery mobile HTML, CSS, and javascript/jquery methods to meet your mobile xhtml page requirements.

i assume that jquery Mobile will perform and scale better than JSF (PrimeFaces).

Go for it, develop using PrimeFaces Mobile (and jquery Mobile, when necessary). i'm sure your requirements will be met. :)
Howard

PrimeFaces 6.0, Extensions 6.0.0, Push (Atmosphere 2.4.0)
TomEE+ 1.7.4 (Tomcat 7.0.68), MyFaces Core 2.2.9, JDK8
JUEL 2.2.7 | OmniFaces | EclipseLink-JPA/Derby | Chrome

Java EE 6 Tutorial|NetBeans|Google|Stackoverflow|PrimeFaces|Apache

badders

01 Dec 2014, 22:22

Hi Howard,

Thanks for the reply, I am aware there are some very large websites built with Prime Faces and I am in no doubt that it will be capable but I was kind of hoping there are some example mobile apps out there that I can 'play with' to get a feel for how they behave in real life, after all...if all these big companies are using PF's surely there are some public apps out there already....?

I take you point that PFM is just JQM powered by JSF so I will be playing with some JQM apps, but it would still be nice to see something built with Primefaces that is a 'finished product'

Maybe some dev's on here would be willing to provide a link? ;)

smithh032772

01 Dec 2014, 22:33

My recommendation is for you to develop proof of concept. PrimeFaces Mobile showcase has a few pages that you can 'play with'; click URL and scroll to bottom of page, and click on menu options on the left (at the bottom of the menu). :)

also, jquery mobile gallery has some websites that you can play with.

it is best for you to develop a proof of concept for your organization/business, and read forum topics in PrimeFaces Mobile forum if/when you have questions/issues.
Howard

PrimeFaces 6.0, Extensions 6.0.0, Push (Atmosphere 2.4.0)
TomEE+ 1.7.4 (Tomcat 7.0.68), MyFaces Core 2.2.9, JDK8
JUEL 2.2.7 | OmniFaces | EclipseLink-JPA/Derby | Chrome

Java EE 6 Tutorial|NetBeans|Google|Stackoverflow|PrimeFaces|Apache

Return to “PrimeFaces”

• Information