PrimeFaces mobile: commercial support and hybrid apps

UI Components for JSF
margor

01 May 2015, 23:19

Hi,
I'm considering PrimeFaces mobile as possible choice for new mobile platform for a big company. However, I'm not sure if it is production ready (as other PrimeFaces components). This technology is very attractive for us because we have positive JSF experience for enterprise web development and we really enjoy JEE. We don't need to support application while offline. Only requirement is that application must be installable via market. The main purpose of the application is GUI for WebServices for mobile devices. Using an application server to host server-side PrimeFaces application is no problem.

1. Is it possible to purchase a commercial support for PrimeFaces mobile?
2. Have anyone tried to write a hybrid application (installable website, which disallow to change URL: should behave similar to native application) using PrimeFaces? It should be possible to make website application possible to be installable like native / hybrid application (for example from market) by using WebView (like Android WebView). I need to prepare installable application which must work well on iOS 6+, Windows Phone 8.1 and Android 2.3+. It seems to me that I should prepare three diffrent WebView applications for each platform (or try something like Cordova/PhoneGap and redirect to my PrimeFaces mobile application). Because of a poor performance of Android WebView I may use CrossWalk WebView for older Android versions (https://crosswalk-project.org/).
3. Who uses PrimeFaces mobile? It's quite young product (since PrimeFaces 5).

Regards and thank you,
Marcin

Return to “PrimeFaces”

• Information