¿Why not exits a fully functional clean theme?

UI Components for JSF
tanooki

27 Jan 2015, 18:33

Correct me if I'm wrong in something.

Primefaces offers me many theme, varied, and some really interesting. That's cool.

But there are situations where, perhaps for customer requirements or for another reasons, the developer may need to customize a appearance in a very particular way.

Its in this context where I see a problem to be corrected in the future. Because there are, or I can see, two ways:
- Customizer a similar theme (as possible). It is a very expensive task. Potencially ver much, sure.
- Do not apply any theme (including NONE as theme). In this case, I can check personally that the functionality of many complex components is lost (for example, component ui-icons needs at least some css to display themself and enable specific action). Again a very hard task.

For me, the ideal would be to have a clean theme which retains full functionality in their components. The customization would be so much easy.

What think about this?

Greetings.

kukeltje
Expert Member

03 Feb 2015, 20:34

Then customization would still be difficult, believe me, I tried. Using the jquery themeroller to create a theme is easier.

Return to “PrimeFaces”

• Information