GMaps

UI Components for JSF
ramo.karahasan

05 Jun 2010, 16:06

Hi,

is there a possibility to draw an arbitrary number of polygons in the primefaces gmap component? Therefore i have to know, if even there is a possibility to draw polygons in the gmaps-component. Could i accumulate own JS code on a site, where i use the gmaps componente, or is that more complicated?

Cheerio,
Ramo

cagatay.civici
Prime

05 Jun 2010, 17:41

Hi Ramo,

Markers, Polylines, Polygons are supported in PrimeFaces maps. These are already implemented but not merged with the codebase yet, hopefully by monday demos will be ready, it is being worked on at the moment.

ramo.karahasan

05 Jun 2010, 17:53

Hi Cagatay,

thank you for the quick response. Will it be possible to draw arbitrary numbers of polygons, give them a name or reference to them? I guess this should be implemented by myself, right?

Cheerio,
Ramo

cagatay.civici
Prime

05 Jun 2010, 18:36

Yes, any number of polygons can be displayed, currently only markers can be selected with ajax, we can add the same for polylines and polygones as well but I haven't seen an option like name for polygons to reference them or did I miss it in gmap api? Markers have a title for that. PrimeFaces is using GMap api V3.

ramo.karahasan

21 Jun 2010, 12:59

Hi,

@catagay: i guess i have to implement that feature by myself... the aim is, to have as many editable polygons, and to load/save/delete them into a db... the name is just for user-friendly reading...

i've update my primefaces version from 2.0.2 to 2.0.3-SNAPSHOT in my pom.xml (in eclipse 3.5.2). after that i've updated the dependencies and the project configuration, did a mvn clean package....

in the maven dependencies list of eclipse i see the version 2.0.3-SNAPSHOT. if i type <p: + ctrl+tab i get the p:gmap tag. if i try to use the example from the showcase, restart my server and visit the site with the gmap tag, i got the follwoing error:

<p:gmap> Tag Library supports namespace: http://primefaces.prime.com.tr/ui, but no tag was defined for name: gmap

what am i doing wrong here?

Thank you,
Ramo

cagatay.civici
Prime

21 Jun 2010, 19:37

I think you have a deployment issue, try a clean deploy.

Return to “PrimeFaces”

• Information