jmvalenzuela

10 Nov 2010, 23:54

i have problems rendering in IE,
firefox renders ok, but ie doesnt

firefox rendering

ie rendering

bumble.bee

11 Nov 2010, 15:42

What version of IE? There are lots of differences between IE and Firefox (and even between different versions of IE) with respect to CSS. IE generally doesn't support anything CSS3. The box model is handled differently in some versions of IE. The overflow propertly is handled different, even in recent versions.

Your pictures are hard to see, but it looks like you are nesting components tightly. Posting code would probably help.

SteveWoodley

11 Nov 2010, 16:22

Check that your browsers are not rendering the page in quirks mode (fallback mode for older compatibility) - especially a problem with IE but worth checking both.
You can confirm this by pasting the following bookmarklet into your address bar immediately after displaying the offending page.

javascript:m=(document.compatMode=='CSS1Compat')?'Standards':'Quirks';window.alert('You%20are%20in%20'%20+%20m%20+%20'%20mode.');

The bookmarklet runs a bit of inline javascript which displays the current browser mode (its safe to allow it to run).

If you are in quirks mode, check your DOCTYPE declarations on your pages - a valid DOCTYPE should trigger standards mode but there are some anomalies where it doesn't.
A good choice nowadays is to use the standard HTML5 DOCTYPE which is backwards compatible with all known browsers and always triggers standards mode. Unlike other DOCTYPEs It is also very simple to code and remember:-

<!DOCTYPE HTML>

Hope this helps
Steve Woodley

jmvalenzuela

11 Nov 2010, 19:07

was using IE 7, then upgraded to IE 8, (i dont like any microsoft update)
and works ok, same rendering in firefox and IE

thanks

xRinox

11 Nov 2010, 23:44

I'm using IE 8.0.6001.18702 and the showcase is a mess, ajaxstatus doesn't show, the tree doesn't show either, actionListeners doesn't seem to fire ajax requests, they fire full page requests instead.

Please tell me I have to tweak something to make it work, my job has ie8 as a standard :x
PrimeFaces-2.2.RC2-SNAPSHOT, Mojarra 2.0.2 (FCS b10), Facelets, GlassFish 3.0.1

SteveWoodley

12 Nov 2010, 10:16

I've just run a check, as I have not had any issues myself.
Running IE 8.0.7600.16385
Compared with Firefox 3.6.12

Showcase hosted on Glassfish 3.0.1
I've checked the deployed showcase libs, and it is running with:-

Primefaces 2.0.2-RCI-SNAPSHOT
jsf-api-2.0.3.jar
jsf-impl-2.0.3.jar

In other words, it is just deployed on Glassfish with what the war file came with.

Its running fine here:-
- all looks fine, tree dispays ok
- ajax listeners fire ok and I can see the expand/collapse events appearing correctly in the Glassfish log when I click the tree.
- both IE and Firefox work correctly.

Are you saying you have tried another browser on site and it works correctly (if not, can you try e.g. Firefox)?

There could perhaps be an issue with the particular IE version.
I'm running on the kit at my home office, and I pretty much let Windows update have its head and apply the patches it wants to.
I realise in a large corporate setup the Infrastructure team may well host the patches locally so they can test and roll them out to their own schedule so you'll be further behind.
Can you try installing/patching IE to the latest version/patch release on a dev/test PC?

Cheers
Steve

xRinox

12 Nov 2010, 19:20

Thanks to your post, Steve, I've managed to download and install Firefox 3.6.12 and give it a try.

Sadly for me, seems it's not a browser problem, firefox shows the same terrible errors: no ajax requests, no tree showing, etc.

Everything points to the proxy, it's surprinsing this company has tweaked it in a way that it blocks some javascript.

Thanks for the help!
PrimeFaces-2.2.RC2-SNAPSHOT, Mojarra 2.0.2 (FCS b10), Facelets, GlassFish 3.0.1

ajkret

28 Sep 2011, 15:57

Complementing the reply from Steve Woodley, here is an example that worked just fine for me in IE8 of the popular "spinner" sample:

Code: Select all

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN"
"http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">
<html xmlns:h="http://java.sun.com/jsf/html"
	xmlns:p="http://primefaces.prime.com.tr/ui">
<h:head>
</h:head>
<h:body>
	<p:spinner value="0" size="3"/>
</h:body>
</html>
Adriano Kretschmer