3.0 RC1 Performance

UI Components for JSF
voyagerx

13 Dec 2011, 20:31

After switching to 3.0 RC1, I noticed that things seemed to slow down quite a bit, so I ran a profiler and noticed some changes from M4. It seems that every time I change a tab, or on tab load, all of my dynamic dialogs get rendered (all of their backing bean getters get called). Unfortunately my dialogs have some fairly intensive database queries that happen based on the tab the user is on. What's worse, is that when changing tabs, it actually calls the getters of my dialog for the tab I am currently on, and then calls them again for the tab I switched to on every tab change.

Prior to RC1, these getters only got called when I would update/show the dialog. I can try to control this with a backing bean property/boolean that indicates whether the dialog is shown or not, and use the rendered attribute with that boolean around the content in the dialog, but before I do that, I want to verify if this is expected changed behavior from M4.

Thanks!

3.0 RC1
Glassfish 3.1.1
Mojarra 2.1.3

mblecek

13 Dec 2011, 20:44

Hi, I have similar problem with performence on 3.0 RC1. When I use 3.0 M4 everything seems ok. But on 3.0 RC1 browser not redirect other page (with datatable and formular for row), which is returned as "action" after click on commandButton . Maybe the problem problem is in javascript client side, beacuse browser is still busy and use lot of procesor time.

voyagerx

15 Dec 2011, 03:19

I should mention that the dialogs are not within the tabs. I am using tabs with the dynamic attribute set to true, cache set to false, and am building the tabs based on a list/model. I will test this more with static tabs, and dynamic vs non dynamic to see if I can provide more details.

Return to “PrimeFaces”

• Information