Push not working properly

UI Components for JSF
bardu

28 Jan 2010, 06:50

PF push implementation seems to be not ready for production. Unfortunately, I can't tell is it the PF implementation or Atmosphere itself what cause the problems. GF v3 seems to load the wrong DefaultBroadcaster.
WARNING: Missing META-INF/atmosphere.xml. Will try to autodetect AtmosphereHandler
INFO: Atmosphere using Broadcaster org.atmosphere.cpr.DefaultBroadcaster
WARNING: Missing META-INF/atmosphere.xml but found the Jersey runtime. Starting Jersey
WARNING: Unable to load Broadcaster class: org.atmosphere.jersey.JerseyBroadcaster
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.atmosphere.jersey.JerseyBroadcaster
at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:200)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:188)
at org.glassfish.web.loader.WebappClassLoader.findClass(WebappClassLoader.java:949)
I'm discussing this issues in more detail at the Atmosphere forum but no resolution from there yet.

Also, on the PF ShowCase -> Ajax Push, if one opens two browser sessions message input is possible from both, but message output happens only on the first browser session which was opened. The same behavior happens on my own use case for PF push, but I think the message output has to be pushed to each session.

In my opinion push is a key feature of PF and fixing these issues should have some sort of priority.
JSF-2.0, mojarra-2.1 | PrimeFaces-3.0-M1 | GFv3.1 | NetBeans 7 | Ubuntu 11.04
www.yukonlive.ca
www.yukonlive.de

Return to “PrimeFaces”

• Information