<p:dialog not closable in Chrome für Samsung?!

Forum rules
Please note that response time for technical support is within 3-5 business days.
alexanderdm

21 Jul 2022, 14:52

Dear PrimeFaces engineers!

We are using Sapphire with PrimeFaces 7 and have the following problem:
When viewed with a Chrome browser in a mobile phone (Samsung Galaxy A53), a document rendered via <p:dialog cannot be closed - no matter how many times the user clicks on the X icon on the upper right-hand corner.

I used to experience the same problem earlier with Samsung A80, but I thought it was due to a defect in the screen.
Now, my mobile phone is pretty new (less then a month), and it cannot be due to some defect.

Please help me!

This is the source code:

<p:dialog id="dokumentPreviewId" rendered="#{containingBean.previewClicked}" header="Dokumentinhalt" width="#{containingBean.screenWidth-40}" height="#{containingBean.screenHeight - 120}" widgetVar="dlg2" showEffect="fade" hideEffect="fade" resizable="true" modal="true">
<f:event listener="#{basicDocumentViewerController.onPrerender}" type="preRenderComponent" />
<pe:documentViewer height="500" value="#{basicDocumentViewerController.content}" download="#{basicDocumentViewerController.downloadFileName}"/>
<f:param id="docURLId" name="docURL" value="#{containingBean.previewDocumentPath}" />
<p:ajax id="dialogCloserId" event="close" listener="#{containingBean.onPreviewDialogClosed}" update="#{update}" />
</p:dialog>

mert.sincan

27 Jul 2022, 10:42

Hi,

Sorry for the delayed response! Could you please try this issue with the latest Sapphire version? (You can check it with a basic dialog.) Also, could you please share a screenshot for us to replicate?
In your case, you see the close button but when you click it and it doesn't work. Is it correct?

Best Regards,

alexanderdm

01 Aug 2022, 08:12

Dear Mert Sincan!

Thank you for your reply!
I could try with the latest Sapphire version, but I am not sure when will I find time for that. As long as I do it, I will reply to you here.

Thank you and have a nice day!

Kind regards,
Alex

mert.sincan

11 Aug 2022, 11:24

Thanks a lot for your update, Alex!

Have a nice day,
Best Regards,

alexanderdm

23 Mar 2023, 20:25

Dear Mert Sincan!

Please find a screenshot of the mentioned problem of not being able to close a p:dialog using a Samsung phone taken today:

https://github.com/alexanderdmin/pf-sap ... Chrome.jpg

The user clicked on the X symbol on the right upper corner of the dialog "Aktion nicht erlaubt", but it did not close.

I wanted to try your proposal to solve the problem, but I am afraid, I did not quite understand your point.

1.) Did you mean that I shall buy (or upgrade to) the newest Sapphire template and substitute my old template for the newest one in my source code?
OR
2.) Did you mean that I should just go to the showcase of your newest Sapphire template with my Samsung phone, for example under:

https://www.primefaces.org/sapphire/messages.xhtml

then find a button, which opens a p:dialog, such any of the buttons in the "Growl" section, then click this button, make sure that a p:dialog opens, and then try to close it with my Samsung?

If you meant (2) - then yes, I was able to open and close a p:dialog using my Samsung phone.

So shall now I buy your newest template to test it in my project? Or there is an option just to upgrade to the newest Sapphire using my existing licence? Shall I also upgrade my PrimeFaces Version? I am currently using 7.0.

Please help!

Thank you and kind regards,
Alex

Alex

olgubasak

30 Mar 2023, 16:37

Hi Alex,

You can update your template with your license.
When you try again with the current version of Primefaces and your updated template, your issue will be resolved.

Best Regards,

alexanderdm

30 Mar 2023, 19:47

Dear olgubasak !

Thank you very much for your prompt support!

Did you mean the current version of PrimeFaces 12.0.0 and sapphire 5.1.0? I am not sure I can upgrade so fast due to some jee / jakarta dependency issues I have to solve first.

Do you know which is the earliest version of Sapphire Template, when this issue was fixed?

Alex

olgubasak

31 Mar 2023, 12:51

Hi Alex,

I don't know in which version it was fixed but I don't have any problems when I check using primefaces 12.0.0 , Sapphire 5.1.0 and java version "1.8.0_231".

Best Regards,

alexanderdm

01 Apr 2023, 06:00

Hi, and thanks once again for the quick response!

I will do all my best to migrate my app to the newest versions.

All the best,
Alex

olgubasak

03 Apr 2023, 09:55

Hi Alex,

Thank you for the update.

Best Regards,

Return to “Sapphire - PrimeFaces”

• Information