Datatable edited row headertext disappears when responsive

Forum rules
Please note that response time for technical support is within 3-5 business days.
javacurt

22 Jul 2020, 21:55

When a datatable is editable and a row is put in edit mode and then exits edit mode the titles for that row disappear. The titles remain on the full size datatable but no longer exist when the table is in reflow (responsive) layout. It does not matter if the row was toggled in and out of edit mode when it was full size or responsive. The only way to bring the title back is to reload the page.

The html code that disappears is the following:

Code: Select all

<span class="ui-column-title">Year</span>
To reproduce this I used the project demo that came with Sapphire. Some minor changes to data.xhtml where made using the showcase code to make the first table editable.
  • Added

editable="true" editMode="row"
    to the 'List of Cars' datatable.
  • Added the editor column like in the showcase

<p:column style="width:35px"><p:rowEditor /> </p:column>

mert.sincan

30 Jul 2020, 14:35

Editable DataTable doesn't support the responsive feature. Please try the following css;

@media (max-width: 640px) {
   .ui-datatable-reflow .ui-datatable-data tr.ui-row-editing td.ui-editable-column, 
   .ui-datatable-reflow .ui-datatable-data td.ui-cell-editing {
      padding: 0.714em 0.857em;
      display: flex;
   }
}
Best Regards,

javacurt

06 Aug 2020, 21:30

Thanks for the response Aragorn
Unfortunately that doesn't help. I think the problem is more than css. The html

<span class="ui-column-title">Year</span>
no longer exists after the row save or cancel is performed. I believe the problem is in the components.js. There is a function

initReflow: function ()
that is called when the page is loaded that adds the span with the ui-column-title. But when the save or cancel is clicked on the row there is a function

updateRow: function (b, a)
that replaces the html and does not add that span with the ui-column-title back. It could be enough to call initReflow after the replace but I'm not sure how to make changes to this file.

Thanks again.

mert.sincan

21 Aug 2020, 12:28

Hi @javacurt,

Thanks a lot for the info. Could you please create a ticket on PrimeFaces Github about this?

Best Regards,

Return to “Sapphire - PrimeFaces”

• Information