Create a Primefaces JSF project with Maven and Wildfly

UI Components for Vue
Demetris

01 Jan 2021, 13:07

I'm currently on my way to Fuerteventura to enjoy a week of holidays Earlier this year, I found out that writing blog posts was a great way to use wisely my time spent traveling, that's why I'm repeating the experience.

When I thought about which subject I should write about earlier this morning (I don't generally have any plan in advance when it comes to writing) I came to the idea that it would be maybe interesting to share my favorite JSF trick (or hack, depends if you see the glass half empty or full). But before doing so, I had to initialize a clean blank project, that's why I've decided to first write this tutorial

Honestly, I don't know exactly why anyone would be still interested to create a brand new JavaServer Faces API (JSF) project in 2019 or why would anyone even read this article . Not that I don't like Java, I still do and I still think it's a good match for certain types of projects, notably when it goes to the back- and middle-end layers but I would probably not use or advise it personally for the frontend part of any new projects.

1. Create a new project
To create a new project, we are going to use Apache Maven and its web starter kit or as it is described in its documentation "an archetype which generates a sample Maven webapp project".

2. Add a Wildfly development server to our tooling
WildFly, formerly known as JBoss, is an application server authored by JBoss, now developed by Red Hat. Wildfly could be added to Maven's project thanks to the plugin wildfly-maven-plugin. Through its usage you could either interact with your local installed server or deploy one on the fly which is the option we are going to use.

IndigoCard

Return to “PrimeVue”

• Information