No PostCSS Config found

UI Components for Vue
jcraigwli

04 Aug 2021, 23:29

Greetings,
I am new to Vue.js and PrimeVue and I'm following the Video Tutorial "Getting Started with Vue 3 and PrimeVue". I am using the CodeMix + Vue plugin for Eclipse. I created a new Vue project through Eclipse and noted that all of the project files were created as in the video. The default app compiled without errors and showed the "hello world" welcome page. After updating the main.js and App.vue files as instructed, when I compile, I get the error that "No PostCSS Config found" (errors below). The web searches on this forum, stack overflow don't seem to address such a basic issue. I had no errors installing primevue 3.6.0, primeicons 4.1.0, vue/cli using npm on Windows 10. I tried adding two dependencies to the project's package.json for vue and primeicons, but that made no difference. Thanks for any hints on how to proceed.

Code: Select all

"dependencies": {
    "vue": "^3.0.0",
    "primeicons": "^4.0.0"
  },
ERROR Failed to compile with 3 errors 3:57:57 PM

error in C:/Users/j*******g/node_modules/primeicons/primeicons.css

Syntax Error: Error: No PostCSS Config found in: C:\Users\j*******g\node_modules\primeicons

@ C:/Users/j*******g/node_modules/primeicons/primeicons.css 4:14-233 15:3-20:5 16:22-241
@ ./src/main.js
@ multi (webpack)-dev-server/client?http://localhost:8080/sockjs-node (webpack)/hot/dev-server.js ./src/main.js

error in C:/Users/j*******g/node_modules/primevue/resources/primevue.min.css

Syntax Error: Error: No PostCSS Config found in: C:\Users\j*******g\node_modules\primevue\resources

@ C:/Users/j*******g/node_modules/primevue/resources/primevue.min.css 4:14-241 15:3-20:5 16:22-249
@ ./src/main.js
@ multi (webpack)-dev-server/client?http://localhost:8080/sockjs-node (webpack)/hot/dev-server.js ./src/main.js

error in C:/Users/j*******g/node_modules/primevue/resources/themes/saga-blue/theme.css

Syntax Error: Error: No PostCSS Config found in: C:\Users\j*******g\node_modules\primevue\resources\themes\saga-blue

@ C:/Users/j*******g/node_modules/primevue/resources/themes/saga-blue/theme.css 4:14-246 15:3-20:5 16:22-254
@ ./src/main.js

jcraigwli

05 Aug 2021, 20:09

Well, as I suspected, the setup is the key. I had run the "npm install primevue" commands at my top-level Windows directory. I glossed over the sentence that it needs to be installed in the project directory. As I'm using Eclipse, after entering the commands in the Terminal+ window of Eclipse, it works!! Thanks!

cajund

25 Feb 2023, 00:01

I have this same problem, but I have installed from the top level of my project. Any other advice?

Code: Select all

Uncaught Error: Module build failed (from ./node_modules/postcss-loader/src/index.js):
Error: No PostCSS Config found in: /Users/richardgroup/Projects/v_atc-admin/node_modules/primevue/resources/themes/saga-blue
    at /Users/richardgroup/Projects/v_atc-admin/frontend/node_modules/postcss-load-config/src/index.js:91:15

Return to “PrimeVue”

• Information