DataTable Hover + Keyboard Selection

UI Components for Vue
busynoggin

16 Feb 2022, 23:43

Within our application, we we're trying to implement a preview mode for the data table. When preview mode is active, an overlay shows additional data from the selected row.

At the moment, a row must be selected for preview by clicking it or by navigating with arrow keys and then pressing return. We'd prefer to speed this up for users by previewing rows on hover (without click) or on arrow key navigation (without return). This would allow users to quickly move through data and see the previews.

I see an existing issue / pull request (https://github.com/primefaces/primevue/issues/1371) was proposed but not included due to performance concerns. Are there any ways we include handle the hover event per-row without it being added directly?

For selection on arrow key navigation, it looks like there is a row-keydown event on the table body, but it does not get passed back through the data table and emitted like some other row events. If it did, I think I could force selection on the arrow up / arrow down event. Is there another way to approach this that I'm missing?

Thanks,
Jeff Segars

Return to “PrimeVue”

• Information