How can I accomplish these two tasks in Primevue?

UI Components for Vue
red-fox-run

07 Jan 2023, 05:18

I am trying to figure out how to accomplish two things that I have not been able to figure out. If someone could give me some insight I would appreciate it.

1. How can I have two different types of filters for a row column? For example, I currently have a column with text in it, the filter works fine. I created a custom filter as per the docs but I cannot figure out how to use it properly in this same column. In this particular case I want to tie it to a boolean field and filter based on true false as well.

2. Using the tooltip component Id like to be able to diable/enable it in code. So, for example when a user clicks the element I want to use the tooltip to display something like "Copied!". Obviously this doesn't need to be disabled simply by hovering so my plan is to enable the tooltip when the click is handled. However, I cannot seem to figure out how to modify the property in the code section of my component.
Ive managed to fix #2 but it doesn't seem to function like I imagined. I can use a variable to control the property but it doesn't pop up immediately and I still have to reposition the mouse over the element again which is a little different than I imagined.

Does anyone have any advice for either of these scenarios? Thanks!

martindavis

27 Jul 2023, 03:13

Hello,
1. To have two different types of filters for a row column, you can use a custom filter function that checks for both the text value and the boolean field value. Here is an example of how you can modify the custom filter function in the documentation to filter based on both text and boolean field values:

Code: Select all

pgsql
customFilter: function (value, search, item) {
  // Check if the text value matches the search value
  const textMatches = value.toLowerCase().indexOf(search.toLowerCase()) !== -1;

// Check if the boolean field value matches the search value
  const booleanMatches = item.booleanField === (search === 'true');

// Return true if either the text or boolean field value matches the search value
  return textMatches || booleanMatches;
}
In this example, the booleanField variable represents the boolean field that you want to filter on. The filter function checks whether the search value matches the boolean field value in each row, and returns true if there is a match.

2. To disable/enable the tooltip component in code, you can use a boolean variable to control the v-if directive on the tooltip element. Here is an example of how you can modify the tooltip component to enable it when the user clicks on the element:

Code: Select all

xml
<template>
  <div>
    <div @click="showTooltip = true">Click me</div>
    <div v-if="showTooltip" class="tooltip">Copied!</div>
  </div>
</template>

<script>
export default {
  data() {
    return {
      showTooltip: false
    };
  }
};
</script>
In this example, the showTooltip variable controls whether the tooltip is displayed. When the user clicks on the "Click me" element, the showTooltip variable is set to true, which causes the tooltip to be displayed. To hide the tooltip, you can set showTooltip back to false.

Return to “PrimeVue”

• Information