Couldn't run the theme template according to the documentation [URGENT]

Forum rules
Please note that response time for technical support is within 3-5 business days.
ertunc.efe

19 Jan 2023, 10:39

Hello,
I've just bought the extended licence of the diamond theme and I'am trying to run with vue cli, and I 'am doing exactly what it says on documentation but I'am still getting errors, while running npm install
I've tried to run npm install while deleting the package-lock.json also but it couldn't create (also I've tried npm install command with the --legacy-peer-deps, still not working). Couldy you guys please help me? I am sharing the error that I'am getting below, thanks!

Code: Select all

npm ERR! code 1
npm ERR! path ...../diamond-vue-3.3.1/node_modules/deasync
npm ERR! command failed
npm ERR! command sh -c node ./build.js
npm ERR! gyp info it worked if it ends with ok
npm ERR! gyp info using node-gyp@9.3.0
npm ERR! gyp info using node@18.7.0 | darwin | arm64
npm ERR! gyp info find Python using Python version 3.10.6 found at "/opt/homebrew/opt/python@3.10/bin/python3.10"
npm ERR! gyp info spawn /opt/homebrew/opt/python@3.10/bin/python3.10
npm ERR! gyp info spawn args [
npm ERR! gyp info spawn args   '/opt/homebrew/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/node-gyp/gyp/gyp_main.py',
npm ERR! gyp info spawn args   'binding.gyp',
npm ERR! gyp info spawn args   '-f',
npm ERR! gyp info spawn args   'make',
npm ERR! gyp info spawn args   '-I',
npm ERR! gyp info spawn args   '......./diamond-vue-3.3.1/node_modules/deasync/build/config.gypi',
npm ERR! gyp info spawn args   '/opt/homebrew/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/node-gyp/addon.gypi',
npm ERR! gyp info spawn args   '......../Library/Caches/node-gyp/18.7.0/include/node/common.gypi',
npm ERR! gyp info spawn args   '-Dlibrary=shared_library',
npm ERR! gyp info spawn args   '-Dvisibility=default',
npm ERR! gyp info spawn args   '-Dnode_root_dir=/......./Library/Caches/node-gyp/18.7.0',
npm ERR! gyp info spawn args   '-Dnode_gyp_dir=/opt/homebrew/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/node-gyp',
npm ERR! gyp info spawn args   '-Dnode_lib_file=....../Library/Caches/node-gyp/18.7.0/<(target_arch)/node.lib',
npm ERR! gyp info spawn args   '-Dmodule_root_dir=......./diamond-vue-3.3.1/node_modules/deasync',
npm ERR! gyp info spawn args   '-Dnode_engine=v8',
npm ERR! gyp info spawn args   '--depth=.',
npm ERR! gyp info spawn args   '--no-parallel',
npm ERR! gyp info spawn args   '--generator-output',
npm ERR! gyp info spawn args   'build',
npm ERR! gyp info spawn args   '-Goutput_dir=.'
npm ERR! gyp info spawn args ]
npm ERR! gyp info spawn make
npm ERR! gyp info spawn args [ 'BUILDTYPE=Release', '-C', 'build' ]
npm ERR! xcrun: error: active developer path ("/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer") does not exist
npm ERR! Use `sudo xcode-select --switch path/to/Xcode.app` to specify the Xcode that you wish to use for command line developer tools, or use `xcode-select --install` to install the standalone command line developer tools.
npm ERR! See `man xcode-select` for more details.
npm ERR! gyp ERR! build error 
npm ERR! gyp ERR! stack Error: `make` failed with exit code: 1
npm ERR! gyp ERR! stack     at ChildProcess.onExit (/opt/homebrew/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/node-gyp/lib/build.js:203:23)
npm ERR! gyp ERR! stack     at ChildProcess.emit (node:events:513:28)
npm ERR! gyp ERR! stack     at ChildProcess._handle.onexit (node:internal/child_process:291:12)
npm ERR! gyp ERR! System Darwin 21.5.0
npm ERR! gyp ERR! command "/opt/homebrew/Cellar/node/18.7.0/bin/node" "/opt/homebrew/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/node-gyp/bin/node-gyp.js" "rebuild"
npm ERR! gyp ERR! cwd ......../diamond-vue-3.3.1/node_modules/deasync
npm ERR! gyp ERR! node -v v18.7.0
npm ERR! gyp ERR! node-gyp -v v9.3.0
npm ERR! gyp ERR! not ok 
npm ERR! Build failed
Last edited by ertunc.efe on 20 Jan 2023, 12:51, edited 1 time in total.

ertunc.efe

20 Jan 2023, 12:33

Any updates on this one?
I also tried to create a new boilerplate project and moving things to that project to run the demo template but I cannot manage that since I do not know the structure details that you're created.
I'm trying to solve the issue but if you've solution it will be more appreciated.
Until now, Additionally to above trials , I've tried to downgrade my node versions also but it didn't work (I've tried 12,14,16,and also 18 which is my current xnode version.)

I need this template to generate more faster results on our projects, if there is no chance to do this, unfortunately I need to return back our extended license, before the legal period of 14 days expires.
I'am waiting for your answer. Thanks.

ertunc.efe

20 Jan 2023, 12:51

Also I've tried to run npm install command by deleting the package-lock.json first but when I do that the following Error has been thrown;

npm ERR! code ERESOLVE
npm ERR! ERESOLVE unable to resolve dependency tree
npm ERR! 
npm ERR! While resolving: vue@3.1.5
npm ERR! Found: vue@3.1.5
npm ERR! node_modules/vue
npm ERR!   vue@"3.1.5" from the root project
npm ERR! 
npm ERR! Could not resolve dependency:
npm ERR! peer vue@"^3.2.0" from vue-router@4.1.6
npm ERR! node_modules/vue-router
npm ERR!   vue-router@"^4.0.11" from the root project
npm ERR! 
npm ERR! Fix the upstream dependency conflict, or retry
npm ERR! this command with --force, or --legacy-peer-deps
npm ERR! to accept an incorrect (and potentially broken) dependency resolution.
npm ERR! 
I've also tried the above command with --force and --legacy-peer-deps nothing changes. I'am using M2 Chip processor by the way. Do you guys think that it's related?

ertunc.efe

20 Jan 2023, 17:31

Hello everyone,
I solved the above problems, unfortunately the documentation is missing at some points. I'll try to explain the solution briefly;

Do not try to unzip and directly execute the theme folder, instead create a new boilerplate app and move all the project files there (not just specified ones on the documentation, all of them)
It has been explained here; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AHeSjJFR3ZE
and here under the "Integration with an Existing CLI Project" header; https://www.primefaces.org/diamond-vue/#/documentation

By the way, index.html should be under the project root not under the public directory. (Do not forget to change the directories inside the router.js if you're trying to create a separate router directory, Otherwise it can remain same)

After that you should solve the errors about import cases, I didn't count them but I've solved them one by one while the imported files not found. (Note: its won't be related about the file directory, directories should be same with the downloaded project otherwise you'll get lots of errors due to the mis directed import statements.)

You can use following Package.json:

{
  "name": "theme-temp",
  "version": "0.0.0",
  "private": true,
  "scripts": {
    "dev": "vite",
    "build": "vite build",
    "preview": "vite preview"
  },
  "dependencies": {
    "@fullcalendar/core": "^5.7.2",
    "@fullcalendar/daygrid": "^5.7.2",
    "@fullcalendar/interaction": "^5.7.2",
    "@fullcalendar/timegrid": "^5.7.2",
    "@fullcalendar/vue3": "^5.7.2",
    "chart.js": "3.3.2",
    "primeflex": "^3.3.0",
    "primeicons": "^6.0.1",
    "primevue": "^3.22.3",
    "prismjs": "^1.29.0",
    "sass": "^1.57.1",
    "sass-loader": "^13.2.0",
    "vue": "^3.2.45",
    "vue-router": "^4.1.6"
  },
  "devDependencies": {
    "@vitejs/plugin-vue": "^4.0.0",
    "vite": "^4.0.0"
  }
}
Finally, delete the calendar demo because it's not working for some reason. I will post the solution when I've solved the Calendar issue also.

If anyone can solve the calendar issue please let me know.

cagatay.civici
Prime

23 Jan 2023, 11:15

We're releasing a new version of Diamond today that updates to latest Vue stack including latest PrimeVue. My colleague Tugce will give an update later today.

Also please note that response time for template technical support is around 3 business days.

tugce.kucukoglu

23 Jan 2023, 14:47

Diamond-Vue 3.4.0 is released with many updates and CalendarDemo fix.

Thanks for your attention.

ertunc.efe

23 Jan 2023, 19:08

@tugce.kucukoglu, I will try the new version as soon as possible, thanks for your support.

@cagatay.civici, I didn't know that the technical support response time, please tolerate my impatience.

Have a great week!

Return to “Diamond - PrimeVue”

• Information