UIKit with custom theme

Forum rules
Please note that response time for technical support is within 3-5 business days.
adriennemcd

28 Feb 2023, 16:27

Hi,
I'm a prospective purchaser of the theme designer and the UI kit. Once piece I don't understand is: if you customize your theme using the theme designer, is there a way to reflect those changes in the UI kit? What is the process to update the kit with these customizations?

Thanks!

w00f

01 Mar 2023, 09:13

Hi, currently there is no way to sync UI Kit and Theme Designer, but we are working on a plugin using Tokens Studio. You can track progress by checking any of our roadmap pages, such as https://primereact.org/roadmap/.

adriennemcd

01 Mar 2023, 16:51

Thanks! So just to confirm my understanding: right now the Figma UI kit will only work if you're using the Lara themes? Glad to know extended support is on the roadmap for this year.

w00f

13 Mar 2023, 08:17

adriennemcd wrote:
01 Mar 2023, 16:51
Thanks! So just to confirm my understanding: right now the Figma UI kit will only work if you're using the Lara themes? Glad to know extended support is on the roadmap for this year.
Yes, it only contains Lara Light and Lara Dark for now.

Best regards,

masabi.design.team

24 Jul 2023, 16:41

Hi. I have a related question.

We are designing a product that has a custom theme. I've read all the comments here and acknowledge there's no automatic way to update our UI Kit.

I've also read the earlier comment about using Token Studio and the roadmap.
https://primereact.org/roadmap/

Can I please get clarity of what exactly we should be using and when (i.e., whether we need to use Token Studio or use Figma Tokens?)

Thanks,
Ken

w00f

26 Jul 2023, 15:39

masabi.design.team wrote:
24 Jul 2023, 16:41
Hi. I have a related question.

We are designing a product that has a custom theme. I've read all the comments here and acknowledge there's no automatic way to update our UI Kit.

I've also read the earlier comment about using Token Studio and the roadmap.
https://primereact.org/roadmap/

Can I please get clarity of what exactly we should be using and when (i.e., whether we need to use Token Studio or use Figma Tokens?)

Thanks,
Ken
Hi Ken,

We'll release PrimeOne UI Kit 2.1 this week which has Tokens Studio integration.

However, the new Designer application we are developing will also be compatible with UI Kit and Tokens. Since the compatible Tokens can undergo changes during the development of the Designer application, you can assume that the tokens in version 2.1 will undergo significant changes.

You can track the roadmap changes related to the Designer application from the roadmaps in showcases. (New UI Based Theme Editor)

Best regards,

Return to “Figma”

• Information