Designer & Figma

Forum rules
Please note that response time for technical support is within 3-5 business days.
cbutler

26 Apr 2023, 21:42

So I know the Designer is about to be replaced with a plugin that is tied to Figma for theming, but I noticed some of the opacities on colors for the theme.css, that is generated, are not matching with the Figma UI Kit. Just wondering if I'm doing something wrong or if there is an easier way to theme in the meantime until that plugin is developed? Currently, I'm having to go line by line to update with what's in Figma with each component's state. It's a bit tedious at the moment.

Thanks!!

w00f

02 May 2023, 10:43

Hi,

Unfortunately, there is no easy way at the moment until we finish the plugin that will make hand-offs easier than ever. We were wondering which colors do not match. Could you please share them so that we can check and correct them for the next release?

Thank you,
Best regards.

Apartment

14 Jun 2023, 09:12

Hi
We purchased the package yesterday, and as a designer in Figma, how can we access the design system? ( ticketing system here takes too long !)
any end-user here that can help me?

w00f

14 Jun 2023, 09:33

Apartment wrote:
14 Jun 2023, 09:12
Hi
We purchased the package yesterday, and as a designer in Figma, how can we access the design system? ( ticketing system here takes too long !)
any end-user here that can help me?
Hi,

Thank you for your purchase. You should be able to download the .fig file right after your purchase on your PrimeStore panel. Please log in and check your panel at https://www.primefaces.org/store.

If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Best regards.

cbutler

07 Jul 2023, 18:17

w00f wrote:
02 May 2023, 10:43
Hi,

Unfortunately, there is no easy way at the moment until we finish the plugin that will make hand-offs easier than ever. We were wondering which colors do not match. Could you please share them so that we can check and correct them for the next release?

Thank you,
Best regards.
Hi w00f,

I apologize for the late response. It's basically all components. The Designer is exporting fonts at full opacity when the default Figma UI Kit has them defaulted to values like 87% for primary text, secondary is 60%.

For instance, on InputText, the text color opacity is set to 87% and 60% for the placeholder text color. However, when you export a CSS file in Designer, the same opacities are not set.

Thanks,

Christine

w00f

14 Jul 2023, 12:38

Hi Christine,

As we investigate to be sure, Lara-Dark has variables in its SCSS files like these:

Code: Select all

$shade000: rgba(255, 255, 255, .87) !default; // text color
$shade100: rgba(255, 255, 255, .60) !default; // secondary text color

$textColor: $shade000 !default;
$textSecondaryColor: $shade100 !default;

$inputTextColor: $shade000 !default;
$inputPlaceholderTextColor: $shade100 !default;
You can find the file here: https://github.com/primefaces/primeng-s ... ables.scss

Please take a look at this file. We assumed that you're referring to the dark version of the UI Kit.

Could you please verify the file and the UI Kit once again? If there are any mismatching styles, we'll be glad to help you.

Best regards,

Return to “Figma”

• Information