Sync styles issues with new file

Forum rules
Please note that response time for technical support is within 3-5 business days.
megaroeny

13 Aug 2023, 23:51

w00f wrote:
13 Aug 2023, 23:18
Hello Megaroeny,

I've tested the situation you've described, but didn't encounter any issues. It's not immediately apparent to me how we could approach this differently. :?

Please find the screen recording here for your review: https://www.dropbox.com/s/mio83yljx35sy ... 5.mov?dl=0

Best wishes,
Ah, I see you're testing this WITHIN the library. Consumers will publish this library and drop in instances on their own design files, right? So publish the Prime library, then test from another file with Prime library component instances used. From there, try to change theme tokens and you'll see things break. This is because tokens are strictly relying on imported Styles from the source library currently.

I believe Sam (from TS Slack) wants to point you in the right direction to solve this issue. This is Reony Tonneyck BTW. 😉

w00f

14 Aug 2023, 18:07

megaroeny wrote:
13 Aug 2023, 23:51
w00f wrote:
13 Aug 2023, 23:18
Hello Megaroeny,

I've tested the situation you've described, but didn't encounter any issues. It's not immediately apparent to me how we could approach this differently. :?

Please find the screen recording here for your review: https://www.dropbox.com/s/mio83yljx35sy ... 5.mov?dl=0

Best wishes,
Ah, I see you're testing this WITHIN the library. Consumers will publish this library and drop in instances on their own design files, right? So publish the Prime library, then test from another file with Prime library component instances used. From there, try to change theme tokens and you'll see things break. This is because tokens are strictly relying on imported Styles from the source library currently.

I believe Sam (from TS Slack) wants to point you in the right direction to solve this issue. This is Reony Tonneyck BTW. 😉
Hello Reony,

Now I fully understand the problem. We will conduct the necessary experiments and take action for the steps to be taken.

We have made a mistake by not testing the consumer cases, but as you can imagine, it's a hard problem to foresee, especially when relying on the not-so-extensive documentation of Tokens Studio.

We need some time to solve this case, thank you in advance for your patience.

Best,

Return to “Figma”

• Information