Align Token naming with latest standards

Forum rules
Please note that response time for technical support is within 3-5 business days.
megaroeny

09 Aug 2023, 17:38

Can you please update the naming of your token tiers to align with the latest standards?

Currently, you are naming your "Primitives", Semantic, which is incorrect. Semantic tokens are normally the 2nd tier, before more detailed Component tokens. Here is my suggestion on naming tiers:
  • Primitive
  • Semantic
  • Component
Here are two excellent guides that I would reference: Lastly, are you considering migrating all your Styles to Variables? This could potentially make managing themes a lot more efficient and potentially even have you avoid making two different files/libraries. Here's a guide Tokens Studio just published with a new plugin they have that could help you get there: Apply variables - Convert applied styles to variables

I hope this helps and thanks for the consideration!

dcyaner

12 Aug 2023, 10:24

megaroeny wrote:
09 Aug 2023, 17:38
Can you please update the naming of your token tiers to align with the latest standards?

Currently, you are naming your "Primitives", Semantic, which is incorrect. Semantic tokens are normally the 2nd tier, before more detailed Component tokens. Here is my suggestion on naming tiers:
  • Primitive
  • Semantic
  • Component
Here are two excellent guides that I would reference: Lastly, are you considering migrating all your Styles to Variables? This could potentially make managing themes a lot more efficient and potentially even have you avoid making two different files/libraries. Here's a guide Tokens Studio just published with a new plugin they have that could help you get there: Apply variables - Convert applied styles to variables

I hope this helps and thanks for the consideration!
Hi megaroeny,

First of all, we greatly appreciate your feedback and suggestions.

The last update we released was just the tip of the iceberg, and now we have even more ambitious plans ahead. Let's answer your questions one by one:

1.Thank you for your naming suggestions. We can work on this in the upcoming phase. We also sincerely appreciate your guidance recommendations.
2.We are also eager to transition tokens to variables, but currently, there are more critical tasks on our roadmap. Stay tuned, as we will update in a much cleaner and user-friendly way.

Thank you for your interest and support. Wishing you a healthy day.

megaroeny

12 Aug 2023, 14:06

No worries dcyaner, and all the best with the next updates. :)

Return to “Figma”

• Information