Swap between 2.0 to 2.1

Forum rules
Please note that response time for technical support is within 3-5 business days.
ZeR0ByTe

16 Aug 2023, 18:08

Hi guys, finally I could make the swap between 2.0 to 2.1, and all is OK except the colors.
How can I do to change the colors and use my colors that I was using in 2.0?
I should change manually one by one?

For example in my version 2.0 my colors are like this:

I need to use a plugin or what is your recommendation?

Sorry for the basic question, I'm new in this things.

Thanks!

w00f

17 Aug 2023, 00:46

Hi!

The names of colors have changed after the version 2.0 releases, so the new value is not shown.

Even if the names of the colors are different, they should come in seamlessly when you swap the library with the new version because they are bound to the components.

If you have changed the colors used in the components with your local colors before the swap, your colors will be preserved after the swap because this change is overriding the colors coming from the library.

Screencast I: https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/b6ztumpb ... d6ndy&dl=0
Screencast II: https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/4w9rwtt1 ... p0l39&dl=0

If you are still experiencing a problem or if you have encountered a situation different from what I have described, we would be happy to help. :geek:

Best regards,

mcoll

17 Aug 2023, 08:21

w00f wrote:
17 Aug 2023, 00:46
Hi!

The names of colors have changed after the version 2.0 releases, so the new value is not shown.

Even if the names of the colors are different, they should come in seamlessly when you swap the library with the new version because they are bound to the components.

If you have changed the colors used in the components with your local colors before the swap, your colors will be preserved after the swap because this change is overriding the colors coming from the library.

Screencast I: https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/b6ztumpb ... d6ndy&dl=0
Screencast II: https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/4w9rwtt1 ... p0l39&dl=0

If you are still experiencing a problem or if you have encountered a situation different from what I have described, we would be happy to help. :geek:

Best regards,
Hi @w00t, thanks always for your fast reply. I appreaciate.
I did the same of your videos but my design it's destroying in a lot of places.
I don't know in my case if it's good idea update the library, but I want obviously for my company and can use the last features of Figma and PrimeOne

I will show you some examples (colors, icons, buttons, tags).
Most of the things in my design it's broken.

I'm Junior in Figma and maybe there are things that I'm not doing correctly, but not all haha.

Thanks again and I hope we can do something

w00f

18 Aug 2023, 10:38

Hello!

We haven't been able to understand the cause of many of the issues for which you've shared examples. Is it possible for you to share the file you're working on so we can conduct a more in-depth examination? Specifically, could you take a version from before the update and share the local file?

If there is a problem related to us, we will be trying to fix it in the next versions. In the update we are currently working on, we plan to carefully test all user cases and minimize any problems that might occur during updates.

Best regards,

ZeR0ByTe

18 Aug 2023, 18:25

w00f wrote:
18 Aug 2023, 10:38
Hello!

We haven't been able to understand the cause of many of the issues for which you've shared examples. Is it possible for you to share the file you're working on so we can conduct a more in-depth examination? Specifically, could you take a version from before the update and share the local file?

If there is a problem related to us, we will be trying to fix it in the next versions. In the update we are currently working on, we plan to carefully test all user cases and minimize any problems that might occur during updates.

Best regards,
Thanks again @w00f, I will try to share with you some of the components affected and you can try.
Maybe I'm doing something wrong using the components, I don't know.
I will share a file soon.

Thanks again for your time and fast reply always.

ZeR0ByTe

21 Aug 2023, 08:45

Hi @w00f, here you have 4 components.
I tried one more time before share this post to you and I got the same problem (last screenshot).
You can check the components here:

https://www.figma.com/file/vMUC5yFsnQLm ... IHOKNrBH-1

I think the column Status is replaced with the icon `tag`, because my component name is `tag`. But the rest of the things I don't understand why is not keeping the design.
Hope you can help me.

Thanks again for your time!

w00f

21 Aug 2023, 11:08

ZeR0ByTe wrote:
I tried one more time before share this post to you and I got the same problem (last screenshot).

I think the column Status is replaced with the icon `tag`, because my component name is `tag`. But the rest of the things I don't understand why is not keeping the design.
Hope you can help me.

Hi ZeR0ByTe :geek: ,

Here are our findings after several hours of experiments on the file:

- During swapping, components with names conflicting with icons like tag and calendar are damaged, even if they are not visible in the list. To avoid this, it is imperative that you uncheck them if you see them in the list. However, if the problem persists, you might need to manually correct it. We have noted down the necessary points and will fix situations with name conflicts in future versions.

- There are still components in the file that date back to version 1.0.0. It might be a good idea to switch these to 2.0.0 from the Missing Libraries section in the Assets / Libraries modal, before the 2.1.1 update.

- According to [Figma's recommendation](https://help.figma.com/hc/en-us/article ... _overrides), overridden colors should be preserved. However, we notice that even the variant options for Buttons are not retained when you upgrade your file to 2.1.1. We did not experience this issue in our own update tests, so we're unable to understand the cause of these style distortions. For now, the best advice we can give is to manually replace all buttons and other broken things with the 2.1.1 counterparts. Considering the repeated usage, we assume you can handle this quickly with copy/pasting.

We apologize for any inconvenience due to name conflicts, and wish you success in your work.

Best regards,

ZeR0ByTe

21 Aug 2023, 11:54

w00f wrote:
21 Aug 2023, 11:08
ZeR0ByTe wrote:

Hope you can help me.

Hi ZeR0ByTe :geek: ,

Here are our findings after several hours of experiments on the file:

- During swapping, components with names conflicting with icons like tag and calendar are damaged, even if they are not visible in the list. To avoid this, it is imperative that you uncheck them if you see them in the list. However, if the problem persists, you might need to manually correct it. We have noted down the necessary points and will fix situations with name conflicts in future versions.

- There are still components in the file that date back to version 1.0.0. It might be a good idea to switch these to 2.0.0 from the Missing Libraries section in the Assets / Libraries modal, before the 2.1.1 update.

- According to [Figma's recommendation](https://help.figma.com/hc/en-us/article ... _overrides), overridden colors should be preserved. However, we notice that even the variant options for Buttons are not retained when you upgrade your file to 2.1.1. We did not experience this issue in our own update tests, so we're unable to understand the cause of these style distortions. For now, the best advice we can give is to manually replace all buttons and other broken things with the 2.1.1 counterparts. Considering the repeated usage, we assume you can handle this quickly with copy/pasting.

We apologize for any inconvenience due to name conflicts, and wish you success in your work.

Best regards,
Thanks again for your fast reply @w00f, it's a pity do it manually.
Maybe I will not do it but my next designs start directly with 2.0. I had some problems when I move to 1.0 and now again :(
I hope in the future be better the swap actions.

Have a nice day!

Return to “Figma”

• Information