best practices and theme editing guidelines

Forum rules
Please note that response time for technical support is within 3-5 business days.
disent

17 Aug 2023, 02:53

is there a link to documentation with best practises for editing the light / dark themes within figma? I am familiar with figma but not familiar with design token, or design token studio.

For instance, if i want to change the colors of theme do I just edit the local style and will that update the associated design token or do I need to edit the color in multiple places?

w00f

18 Aug 2023, 09:57

Firstly, thank you for choosing us. 8-)

Currently, the best resources to reference for the UI Kit are the Getting Started pages within the files. We are aware of the lack of guides for best practices, and we aim to add relevant sections in the upcoming versions.

At the moment, the best resource we can recommend is to use Tokens Studio's own documentation as your basis. https://docs.tokens.studio/

To answer your example: if you want to make a color change, the best method would be to make your changes through the Tokens Studio interface as recommended in the Getting Started page of the kit.

Best regards,

Return to “Figma”

• Information