Sentinel Theme and Layout Questions

Amgad

13 Mar 2015, 07:50

Hi,
I took a look on your demo and it looks great and promising :)
I am in the phase of assessing Sentinel and i came up with the following questions:

- From my readings, i believe that Sentinel Layout is most beneficial if i am starting a new project and i want an off the shelf design and template to use across the project. But if i already have an up and running project it is better to use Sentinel Theme and just change the colors. Am i right?

- Does Sentinel Theme work with PrimeFaces Mobile?

- Does Sentinel Theme work with any component provided by PrimeFaces 5 and onward. if yes, to go responsive i don't have to use PrimeFaces mobile, just simply use the theme. Am i right?

- What if, for example, i have a datatable and in case of smaller screen sizes i want to remove some columns. Does Sentinel help me with that? if no what are my options?

- If i bought Sentinel Theme only and later want to buy the Layout too, do i have to buy the whole package again or just pay the difference?

- If i want to buy the same Theme but with different color do i have purchase the new theme again or is there any other purchasing policy in that case?

Regards,
Amgad

cagatay.civici
Prime

13 Mar 2015, 12:31

1) You either need to change your layout as well by changing your facelets template, or you can just use the theme only if it fits your existing layout.

2) Mobile theme does not exist Sentinel as idea of Sentinel is responsive layout at the moment instead of separate page design.

3) Yes, that is the idea.

4) That feature is provided by PrimeFaces itself not Sentinel;

http://blog.primefaces.org/?p=3417

5) You can pay the difference but in that case please contact us so we can take you through the process.

6) There won't be a same theme with different colors, there will be new themes like Spark, Ronin each with their own colors and structure. Updates of your purchase are free of charge like sentinel 1.1

Thank you for your interest

Return to “Sentinel”

• Information