Testimonials

UI Components for JSF
cagatay.civici
Prime

21 Dec 2011, 11:05

Hi all,

We have a testimonials section at our homepage, If you are enjoying our work please take a moment and contribute to this page.

Please use this sticky post for your testimonials and we'll move them to the homepage with your name.

Thanks for your contribution, this is really important for us!

http://www.primefaces.org/testimonials.html

Optimus.

smithh032772

22 Dec 2011, 02:16

HOWARD SMITH, JR.

I love PrimeFaces!!!

I've been developing software for the last 10+ years via various version of (Sybase/Powersoft) PowerBuilder, but for the longest time, I wanted to be a Java developer.

Summer 2011 (June/July/August), I informed my family that I want to migrate the custom-built dBase IV / MS-DOS app (that has been used for our small business ever since 1995 after I graduated from college/university) to a (Java) web application, so I began reading Java EE 6 Tutorial, specifically, the Java Server Faces (or developing web applications) tutorial.

After completing the Java EE 6 tutorial, I developed a database schema (with 80+ tables/relationships from a 6-table dBase IV database) via NetBeans 7.0 and Java (Derby) DB, developed a Java app that would copy data from the dBase IV database files and store the data in the Java Derby DB.

After developing the database and the database data transfer Java app, it was time to develop the web application. NetBeans 7.0 generated code for a JSF web app based on the tables/relationships defined in the Java DB database that I developed. I begin to modify the xhtml/jsf pages, searched google for how I can make the web UI look good, user friendly, etc...

While searching google, I saw someone recommend PrimeFaces as the easiest JSF component suite to learn and to use, I visited primefaces.org, looked at the ShowCase and Showcase Labs pages, got really excited, downloaded 3.0M3 version (and 2.2.1 version, before I learned that it was bundled with NetBeans 7.0), and have been using PrimeFaces ever since.

I like to try to use the latest and greatest version of PrimeFaces always, and so far, I'm doing that. After I complete my first JSF/PrimeFaces web app, I would like to integrate PrimeFaces mobile, or build xhtml/jsf pages that can be accessed by mobile devices.

Now, since I am an experienced JSF/Primefaces developer, I have been so committed to contributing to the PrimeFaces community forum, responding to people's questions, and trying to offer my expertise, solutions, opinions, and/or responses. I have found the best way to search the forum for answers/posts is by searching google for: forum.primefaces.org ...

I am glued to my seat (almost daily and nightly), enjoying the JSF/PrimeFaces web app development experience, and honestly, I cannot get enough of it!
Howard

PrimeFaces 6.0, Extensions 6.0.0, Push (Atmosphere 2.4.0)
TomEE+ 1.7.4 (Tomcat 7.0.68), MyFaces Core 2.2.9, JDK8
JUEL 2.2.7 | OmniFaces | EclipseLink-JPA/Derby | Chrome

Java EE 6 Tutorial|NetBeans|Google|Stackoverflow|PrimeFaces|Apache

cagatay.civici
Prime

23 Dec 2011, 10:23

Hi Howard, thanks very much. You are a significant and valuable member of the PrimeFaces Community, thanks for stepping up to help others!

smithh032772

23 Dec 2011, 16:02

You're welcome, anytime, and my pleasure!
Howard

cagatay.civici
Prime

26 Dec 2011, 12:22

Uploaded to homepage, thanks;

http://www.primefaces.org/testimonials.html

aspraveen

14 Jan 2012, 06:42

We were evaluating various JSF frameworks for our in-house ERP project and the main features we liked with Prime Faces are

a) Easy to understand even for novice team members.
b) Inbuilt Chart Option which was very easy to configure which some of the major frameworks lacked.
c) Attractive interface.
d) Light weight library without external dependencies.
e) Easy option to export data tables to CSV, EXCEL & PDF formats.

Thank you Prime Faces for providing this great framework and we hope it will keep expanding with new features.

cagatay.civici
Prime

16 Jan 2012, 09:59

Thanks very much!!! :)

cagatay.civici
Prime

01 Feb 2012, 16:06

Only 2 testimonials? Thank you all.

smithh032772

01 Feb 2012, 18:02

optimus.prime wrote:Only 2 testimonials? Thank you all.
Well, it would be nice for others to give a little bit of their time and share their testimonial/experience about/with Primefaces, and of course, keep it positive. If you are a user of PrimeFaces and care not to give it up, it is the least that you can do... share your testimonial/experience.

As you can see, I appreciate Primefaces greatly, and I like to contribute (or give back) in my own productive way.:)
Howard

jadester

02 Feb 2012, 00:55

We thank Primefaces team a lot for putting out there a great JSF-Ajax component library. We developed a Bid portal for carnival cruise lines and we evaluated many different UI framework to suite our needs and Primefaces fit the bill. We generated a some components like the lazy datatable from a generic java class to be used across the product. The user base was very excited with the end result.

Some of the technologies we used

Primefaces
Spring
Spring security
Apache POI
Hibernate.

For any question please feel free to contact at arvind dot jade using gmail dot com.

Keep up the great work !!

Return to “PrimeFaces”

• Information