File Upload support on Websphere Portal 8

UI Components for JSF
primefaces0057

13 Apr 2017, 21:28

Please share the primeface websphere portal FileupLoad source code to slv057@gmail.com . Thanks.
edykory wrote:
30 Jul 2013, 00:41
Ok , so i managed to make the things work.

The steps involved were:

1. Based on the MultipartRequest i defined another class PortletMultipartRequest <- The code is totally portable (javax.portlet)
2. Based on the FileUploadFilter i defined another class FileUploadPortletFilter <- The code is totally portable (javax.portlet). Things were not totally easy, since i had to add some classes to commons-fileupload (PortletFileUpload and the connected classes are prepared only for file uploads during action-phase, that is full page submits, but ajax file-uploads are using resource-phase, not action-phase, as per jsf portlet specification).
3. Based on FileUploadRenderer i defined another FileUploadRenderer with a more generic getMultiPartRequestInChain which return a MultipartRequest or a PortletMultipartRequest depending on detected environment. <- The code depends on some minimal Websphere Portlet Bridge api (cause they are so f!@#$#$ smart, they don't use the normal javax.portlet.XxxxxWrappers, but different ones), but this can be collected in some sort of plugin class or configured by reflection (it's only necessary for unwrapping the requests).
4. Declare a PortletFilter in portlet.xml for the portlets that need file uploading using the filter from step 2 (action and resource phases).
5. Override the FileUpload renderer in faces-config using the one defiend at step 3.

That's all, tested on simple and advanced mode and it seems to work

If you are interested, i can send you the full sources.

CL.Tan

14 Jun 2017, 03:51

Hi

i am working with FileUpload and FileDownload using PrimeFaces in WPS8.5. Face same issue, could share with us the solution?

Email: ahliang.tan@gmail.com

Thanks very much!

matsuyamakaze

24 Aug 2021, 16:27

Hi edykory,

Can you please share your solution?

i am trying to work with FileUpload using PrimeFaces in WPS 8.0.
...Facing same issue! :(

Thanks very much!

Return to “PrimeFaces”

• Information