[SOLVED] MultiSelectListbox with Slider

UI Components for JSF
NOTiFY

26 Apr 2018, 12:16

In the Showcase, you have the MultiSelectListbox showing a list of 'categories'. When you select a 'category' a list appears of 'Group2s'. What I'd like to know is it possible to make where you have 'Group2' use a PF Slider instead?

What I want to do is select an 'ingredient' from a (dynamic) list then a slider appears (as the 'Group2') so I can allow the user to select the percentage of that 'ingredient' in the product. Adding the necessary code to a Class similar to the MultiSelectView.java example.

Rather than spend a few hours on a PoC & finding out that it's not possible, can you please give me the heads up if it's doable?

Can a type of "org.primefaces.component.slider.Slider" be added to a "javax.faces.model.SelectItemGroup"?

Thanks.

***** SOLVED *****

Found a solution by using the 'Drag and Drop' component. Dragging the selected value to a DataTable and adding the 'Slider' component as the 2nd column in the datatable.

Code: Select all

<p:dataTable id="dataTableSelectedIngredients" var="ingredient" value="#{ingredientBean.droppedIngredients}" rendered="#{not empty ingredientBean.droppedIngredients}">

<p:column headerText="Ingredient Name" style="width:50%">
                 	<h:outputText value="#{ingredient.ingredientName}"/>
                </p:column>

<p:column headerText="Percentage" style="width:45%">
                    	<h:outputText id="output" value="Set ratio to %#{sliderViewBean.number2}" />
                    	<h:inputHidden id="txt2" value="#{sliderViewBean.number4}" />
                    	<p:slider for="txt2" display="output" style="width: 100%" displayTemplate="Set ratio to %{value}" />

<p:column style="width:5%;align-content: center">
                    	<p:commandButton update=":tabHomeView:formIngredientDragDrop:display" oncomplete="PF('ingredientDialog').show()" icon="ui-icon-search">
                        	<f:setPropertyActionListener value="#{ingredient}" target="#{ingredientBean.selectedIngredient}"/>
                    	</p:commandButton>
</p:dataTable>
PF 13.0.0--Jakarta. Jakarta Faces 4.0.1/Kotlin Multiplatform 1.9.10
Mojarra 4.0.2, OmniFaces 4.2
WildFly 29.0.1.Final 'preview' Jakarta EE 10.0.0
JDK 20.0.2, Kotlin 1.9.10, Gradle 8.3 Groovy DSL, MongoDB 7.0.0
IntelliJ IDEA 2023.2.1, macOS Ventura 13.5.1

Return to “PrimeFaces”

• Information