Currently learning Java EE, but how much into JavaScript should I learn if I don't want to be focused in front-end

UI Components for JSF
rjames

29 Jul 2018, 23:26

I just started learning Java EE,(but before that I learned CSS, HTML and looked a bit into JS 6 jQuery) as people told me it was useful to know this technologies for Java EE web development and I agree HTML is fundamental, CSS is cool for styling and I can use jQuery to hide or a bit of interactivity on the clientside.

But I have a doubt how much JS should I actually learn? I like front end but I enjoy way more server side programming.

Also I'm having a lot of trouble trying to structure JS in an OOP fashion. If I try to create any JS bigger than some basic jQuery scriplet it just turns into spaguetti.

TL:DR: How much JavaScript should I learn if I just wat focus on Java EE learn?

Melloware

31 Jul 2018, 13:48

I have been doing PrimeFaces and JEE since 2011 and I find I write very little JavaScript. Usually its just a little scriplet to fix something in PrimeFaces or customize a PF behavior.

JavaScript is a skill you can grow over time but one of the reasons I love the Primefaces/JEE stack is my team doesn't have to write a ton of messy Javascript to build quality applications.
PrimeFaces Developer | PrimeFaces Extensions Developer
GitHub Profile: https://github.com/melloware
PrimeFaces Elite 13.0.0 / PF Extensions 13.0.0
PrimeReact 9.6.1

Return to “PrimeFaces”

• Information