Micro front-ends

UI Components for JSF
lpluys

14 Dec 2018, 00:54

Hi,

Is anyone familiar with micro front-ends and can give a good strategy to avoid a web monolith. My team is struggling with it and I can not give a good answer how to approach it.
See following url for some more insight. https://medium.com/@tomsoderlund/micro- ... 25ebdadc16

thank you in advance.

Luc

kukeltje
Expert Member

14 Dec 2018, 11:35

The fact that you mention 'web monolith' is already sort of a too narrow statement. 'Micro' services in general for the backend is a first thing too look for. But effectively that is not something new in the JavaEE world. You could already have head separated individual EJB jar files with smaller services that you could deploy independently of the rest of your application if only developers took that approach. Most did not and now blame other things for their own 'mistakes' 'Dynamicaly' integrating all hyped micro-services frontends in on easy to use integrated secure flexible UI layer is a different ballgame and might even result in more problems than it actually solves. You'd need different types of testing ('integration') and guarantees of look and feel and more... So first take a step back and see if you can optimise what you have, deployment wise, code wise and then see if you really need 'micro services'.

(keep in mind that this answer is my opinion and the question is sort of off-topic here)

Return to “PrimeFaces”

• Information