Issues of Primefaces components in terms of accessibility

UI Components for JSF
Bukama

15 Sep 2022, 18:17

Hello,
due law restrictions / pressure my colleagues and I work intensively on achieving accessibility of our web apps. For this we are in close contact with another, on accessibility specialized team including accessibility testers.
During our work and our tests we found several accessibility issues, which are at least partly caused by the Primefaces components, e.g. by automatically added aria roles.

To achieve full accessibility and pass the law given requirements (BITV 2.0 based on an EU-norm based on WCAG) we (read: I/me) would like to address some issues in the Primefaces Issue tracker and add PR for them too (if we are able to provide one).
From several twitter posts by Cagatay Civici I know that PrimeTek wants to focus on accessibility in Primefaces 13. Therefore I could image that you may have interest in our test results and analysis.

But as contribution guidelines say, that one should open a forum topic before contribution to discuss the possible contribution, I opened this one here first.

Melloware

18 Sep 2022, 15:40

Feeel free to submit issues and PR's! We as a community are more than happy to review and merge them. I have worked a lot on the accessibility over the years but more help the merrier!!
PrimeFaces Developer | PrimeFaces Extensions Developer
GitHub Profile: https://github.com/melloware
PrimeFaces Elite 13.0.0 / PF Extensions 13.0.0
PrimeReact 9.6.1

Bukama

18 Sep 2022, 18:27

Alright, will start this week posting issues on Github to describe some things

Return to “PrimeFaces”

• Information