CSS Styles for primefaces components

UI Components for JSF
Eligriv

12 Nov 2009, 12:53

Hi,

i am a new user of primefaces, and i particularly like your datatable implementation, but it misses something though : the *Class attributes for CSS-styling the different parts of the table.

In richfaces all component have style and styleClass (and rowClasses, columnClasses, headerClass, selectedClass etc..), and it would be great if it was integrated in primefaces too.

Thanks for your great job anyway :)

Eligriv

12 Nov 2009, 13:08

In the same spirit, i would need to specify width for my columns

cagatay.civici
Prime

13 Nov 2009, 11:41

CSS is quite powerful, with css selectors you can almost style anything, that's why we don't want to bloat PrimeFaces components with tons of *Class attributes. Almost every component has a skinning example in reference documentation and online showcase, that could be a reference point. PrimeFaces always tries to seperate html and behaviors so we apply unobstrusive javascript and selector based skinning as much as we can :)

For column width there's a new attribute for column.

Code: Select all

<p:column width="200" />
But this is added after 0.9.3 and be available starting with 1.0.0.RC release.

malaguna

21 Dec 2009, 10:59

Thaks Cagatay, I understand what you mean about selectors, that help me a lot with panels, accordion and tabViews, but I am stuck with inputMask, what is the selector for this component? I am not able to change appearance. I try to explore source code of view page, but I didn't see any helpful.

cagatay.civici
Prime

22 Dec 2009, 15:25

InputMask is very simple so there're no selectors for that, as mentioned in referenced documentation you can use style and styleClass attributes for that particular component.

Return to “PrimeFaces”

• Information