LINUX vs WINDOWS - FIREFOX vs IE

UI Components for JSF
Inah

10 Dec 2009, 14:45

Hi Cagatay!

I builded a little of my app, it has layoutUnit north,center and south as my template, a menuBar in north layout, and I builded a dataTable with selection mode multiple inside my center layout....
In FireFox 3.0 in Linux almost everything works fine! The worse is when I put width="100%" in my dataTable, it looks very ugly 'cause I have only 2 columns, and they looks small while the dataTable's width has a line showing a large width.....

But when I access my computer from another computer with Windows, nothing works....If I close the north layout my menuBar stops working. If I sort a column of th dataTable, my menuBar stops working, the selection mode in dataTable doesn't even appears in Windows/IE 7, in FireFox appear, but doesn't work..... :o

Is it possible I'm doing something wrong? Any config, javascript-code or even css could help me? :roll:

What do I have to do to fix these problems?
I must to convince my team to keep using PrimeFaces 'cause they aren't thinking is a good idea anymore... :(

Please if u or anyone knows something about it I will be very grateful!

Regards!
Inah from Brazil

cagatay.civici
Prime

11 Dec 2009, 14:30

Hi Inah,

You can use column width or a fixed sized datatable, a 100% datatable will not look good if you have few columns.

Regarding windows and ie issue, I'm not aware of such issues as we test with ie as well. If you provide the problematic segments, we'll try to figure out the problem. But it might take time since there're other activites going on.

Inah

11 Dec 2009, 21:02

Hi cagatay!

Its strange because i didn't do anything different...is the same code from the documentations.....
I don't know why only in windows doesn't work......

I without ideas.... :?

TKS!
Inah from Brazil

cagatay.civici
Prime

13 Dec 2009, 16:02

Ok, can you post a sample examples that works in ff and linux but fails in ie and windows. So that we can try to replicate. Thanks.

Inah

16 Dec 2009, 13:35

Hi Cagatay!

TKS for your answer! But unfortunately we migrate to OpenFaces now.
My app just used the layout, menuBar and DataTable together. Did u ever try to put all together and test in both systems? 'Cause when they are separated they work perfectly...
Maybe we keep Prime Faces for download in XML, EXCEL, PDF but we'll try to merge less number of languages as possible.
Thank u for all the help u gave me and your patience!! 8-)
Keep the amazing job you and your team r building!
If anyone ask me about Prime Faces I will give good references for sure!!!

Regards!
Inah from Brazil

cagatay.civici
Prime

16 Dec 2009, 15:27

Thanks Inah, yes we're using layout, menubar and datatable in our current app :) Really weird, I wish I could help more.

Anyway, take care ;)

inahmartins

16 Oct 2018, 00:02

Hi Catagay how are you? Last time we spoke was in this post at 2009! Ten years after I find Prime Faces Ng because I'm working with Angular now. Very nice see you continued the work!
Congratulations!!

Inah from Brazil

Return to “PrimeFaces”

• Information