JSF 2.0 SNAPSHOT Dec 28

UI Components for JSF
bluesturbo

30 Dec 2009, 00:09

Resources are not loading with this snapshot, are you migrating towards JSF 2.0 standard resource management?
NetBeans 7 Maven PrimeFaces-3.0.M2-SNAPSHOT, JPA 2.0, GlassFish 3.1

cagatay.civici
Prime

30 Dec 2009, 02:13

Good guess :) It's not ready yet though.

josel

04 Jan 2010, 15:23

Hi Cagatay

First of all congrats for such a good product.

Second, do you know when is going to be ready this resources loading problem. I'm developing a custom tree and want to use all the lately improvements you did in the tree component with the p:treenode and bug fixes.

Thanks
JoseL
---------------------------
PrimeFaces 2.0.0
JSF 2.0.2
Tomcat 6

cagatay.civici
Prime

04 Jan 2010, 15:29

Hi Josel,

Thanks for the feedback :)

Resource issue is fixed yesterday,(3rd jan). So now PrimeFaces 2 does not need p:resources as JSF 2.0 resource api is used to place resources on page. PrimeFaces Resource Servlet is still there to load the resources though. If you are on a servlet 3 container like glassfish 3, resource servlet is auto registered so don't need to add resource servlet to web.xml.

I guess the nightly build has the changes.

http://repository.prime.com.tr/org/prim ... -SNAPSHOT/

Regarding tree, yes there're major enhancements and for the sake of it, it's not backward compatible. Right now you can check out the showcase examples about the new usage as it will not be documented until the release.

Hope this helps,

mota_nginya

11 Jan 2010, 03:59

Hi,

I happen to be experiencing a problem that is similar to the one discussed in this thread. I am using embedded tomcat for development and 6.20 for standalone sand box and eventually product. I have the ResourceServet registered in my web.xml but still get the error java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.primefaces.ui.resource.ResourceServlet. What I am missing? I peeped into the jar file to see if that class is there but could not find it any where in the jar. I am using maven 2 and got version 2.0.0.RC from primefaces repository. Thanks a million in advance for your precious time.

cagatay.civici
Prime

11 Jan 2010, 18:39

Hi, can you try;

org.primefaces.resource.ResourceServlet

instead of

org.primefaces.ui.resource.ResourceServlet

mota_nginya

12 Jan 2010, 01:16

I did try and everything worked pico bello. You are the man for real. I will also like to apologize for spelling your name incorrectly Cagatay.

On a different note, do you happen to know why my jsf Annotations don't work when I use maven generated directories? I am force to use spring @Component and @Controller and the rest of the spring web annotations on JSF 2.0. So far all is well but was just curious to know why it is not work for me. I was told by someone, can't remember who, that I will have to deplay my application using the exploded maven command on the server to get that working. Is there a way to work around that using embedded tomcat without exploding the war file on tomcat? I us mvn tomcat:run in my debug configuration. I actually did not understand what he actually meant by. Thanks again maestro..

cagatay.civici
Prime

12 Jan 2010, 14:33

I'm not familiar with the maven tomcat plugin but for jetty plugin there's a similar problem, for JSF 2.0's @ManagedBean annotations mvn jetty:run doesn't work, but mvn jetty:run-exploded works. But in your case spring is the one that scans the annotations right? I remember spring was working fine with mvn jetty:run, so it's a question of who and how scans the classpath.

I've found this;

http://mojo.codehaus.org/tomcat-maven-p ... %20project

Try mvn war:exploded tomcat:deploy

I've just googled it, I'm not the expert on maven tomcat plugin.

mota_nginya

12 Jan 2010, 17:03

Yes, I use spring to scan my class path and it works just fine. I was just wondering if I am missing some functionality of jsf because of spring or is it because of my container is a servlet 2.5 container? Also I realized that somethings are not working as most of tutorials say they should and was wondering if that is the case because I am using maven project directory structure. I prefer that because it gives me the freedom to add modules that I can use for different projects independently but the jsf structure in my opinion does not offer that flexibility.

By the way I realized you love soccer (football), are you watching the African Nations Cup? I am from Cameroon and would like you to checkout the new world champions in the making. Checkout Samuel Eto'o Fils. Les Lions en Marche... You are the best man, keep up the good work.

cagatay.civici
Prime

12 Jan 2010, 17:35

If you use plain spring and jsf 2, then you'll lose the view scope of JSF2 which is very very useful.

Sure I watch out Africans Cup, as an ex Barcelona player I support Eto'o and Cameroon. Good luck!

Return to “PrimeFaces”

• Information