PrimeNG 8.0.1 & Omega theme

UI Components for Angular
sampath.infinira

29 Jul 2019, 15:37

Hi,

We are using PrimeNG 6.1.4 with Omega theme. Now I want to upgrade our project to 8.0.1 where Omega theme is not free anymore. To get the same look and feel, the workaround we tried is to copy the omega folder from 6.1.4 version to my current project and replaced the nova light theme file reference with the omega theme file in styles:[ ] section in angular.json file. This workaround looks good with some basic testing. Is it fine to use the older Omega files from 6.1.4 which were free in that version in our new project with version 8.0.1.

We thought of above option, though we wanted to go for the latest Omega licensed version, but we see in demo pages - https://www.primefaces.org/omega-ng/#/, UI looks different from the older Omega theme. Following is one difference in Sub PanelMenu CSS:

6.1.4:
=====
.ui-menuitem-link {
padding: .25em;
}

8.0.1:
=====
Above style is getting overridden in theme.css
.ui-menuitem-link {
padding: 0.714em 0.857em;
}

Hence Sub-menus are bigger which our customers will not like. Similarly many other styles might be overridden. Since our customers will not like more differences from the existing UI, this might increase our effort to fix those issues even if we opt to buy Omega theme. Please let us know how to proceed further.

Appreciate your help

Thanks,
Sampath

dxc-hms

30 Jul 2019, 08:57

Hi
I am having the same problem, and would like to know if buying the omega theme will solve this issue.
I see in the Omega documentation(https://www.primefaces.org/omega-ng/#/documentation) that you are able to customize styles (via SASS), however there aren't many variables listed.
Is that the actual SASS on the documentation, or are there more variables in the actual file, and would I be able to fix styles for something like the padding of an object.

Thanks,
Daiki

ccassidy42

20 May 2022, 14:17

We found out the hard way...after purchasing the Omega Template....It appears they are not the same.
The Omega theme is not part of the Omega template.

We are requesting a refund. Will let the forum knows how it goes.

cagatay.civici
Prime

21 May 2022, 11:40

I think there is a misunderstanding, the one that is not free is the Omega Template which uses the free Saga theme introduced around PrimeNG 10 as the replacement of the legacy Omega theme. A theme refers to the theme of the UI component, a template on the other hand provides a layout + theme + pages and more.

PrimeNG 10 synced the styling with other Prime UI libraries so Omega became legacy and not compatible, replacements are Saga and lately Lara themes which are more modern.

If you purchase Omega layout thinking that it contains Omega UI theme, we'll sure provide a refund. Our suggestion would be migrating to our newer themes, there are over 30 free themes.

Return to “PrimeNG”

• Information