Modifying code

UI Components for Angular
cbayley

27 May 2022, 13:16

My application has been using PrimeNG for some time. Whenever I install a new version using npm install, there are a couple of minor tweaks I have to make to it. Recently I upgraded to Angular 13 and PrimeNG 13.4. In the version I upgraded from (11.4), I was able to make the needed tweaks to the .js file located in the __ivy_ngcc__/fesm2015 folder. However, in the new version, this folder does not exist. I found a .mjs file located in an fesm2015 folder but changes to that file seemed to have no effect. So I'd like to know if and how I can make these minor changes to the installed PrimeNG.

As an aside, my application runs on a closed network (i.e., no internet access) where a mirror of the npm repository is available (which is how I was able to install) but no access to the gitlab repository. So rebuilding the application from the source code is not feasible.

Thank you for the help.

cbayley

28 May 2022, 01:16

I was able to figure out the issue. In either Angular 12 or Angular 13, a caching mechanism was added so that if I ran my application via 'ng serve", the cached version of PrimeNG (and all other node_modeules) was used so any of the tweaks I made were not being picked up. Simply deleting the .angular/cache folder fixed the problem since the next time I started the app, the changes were there.

Return to “PrimeNG”

• Information