Problem with p-virtualScroller

UI Components for Angular
tim.wilkins

06 Jul 2022, 15:12

I'm using this but since upgrading to version 14 rc1 I've been getting weird behaviour: If I have 16 or more items and try to scroll down it keeps adding items back in (i.e. items which have scrolled off the top) so I can never scroll to the bottom. The scrollbar jumps around. In case it depends upon any settings I'll include some of the html:
<p-virtualScroller *ngIf="!CompactDisplay" [value]="appService.selectedQueue?.PrintRuns | jobsFilterPipe : SubstrateTypesFilter : searchFilter" scrollHeight="680px" itemSize="164">
<ng-template let-job pTemplate="item">
I'm fully up-to-date with Angular (14.0.4) and am using Chrome as my browser (103.0.5060.114).

aaronb

29 Jan 2023, 16:43

I have the same problem with p-virtualScroller with the jumping. It was working on primeng 12 but when I updated to 14 the jumping started. I tried switching to their p-scroller which did not work, doesn't appear to be finished in 14, no [value] input.

I ended up switching to ngx-virtual-scroller, took just a few minutes, and its working nicely now. Hopefully primeng 15 has this issue fix :D .

A

Kielbo

10 Mar 2023, 18:47

aaronb wrote:
29 Jan 2023, 16:43
I have the same problem with p-virtualScroller with the jumping. It was working on primeng 12 but when I updated to 14 the jumping started. I tried switching to their p-scroller which did not work, doesn't appear to be finished in 14, no [value] input.

I ended up switching to ngx-virtual-scroller, took just a few minutes, and its working nicely now. Hopefully primeng 15 has this issue fix :D .

A
Hi could you explain how you switched from p-table to ngx-virtual-scroller?
thanks

tim.wilkins

18 Jul 2023, 16:02

Does anyone have any idea what provokes this bug? I've some apparently similar layouts but it only seems to affect about half of them. At the moment it's more of a problem when using virtual scrolling with p-tables. It's now quite a long time since this was reported and since it's not been fixed I'd like to work-around it if I can (the appendOnly option stops the problem but obviously increases resource usage which is a serious problem for large tables).

Return to “PrimeNG”

• Information